Play 5 drops off wifi and doesn't re-appear. Play 5 will only connect via wired connection now

Play 5 over 1.5 yrs in the same location, same wifi, no network changes - recently disappeared from wifi and Sonos, Play 5 restarts, network, router restarts etc did not work. Plugging in wired ethernet, Play 5 came right up. Disconnecting wired ethernet and restarting Sonos, the play 5 will not reconnect, so wired connection only. While Play 5 was wired: Diagnostics ID 2131996897

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
mrdoodle wrote:

Play 5 over 1.5 yrs in the same location, same wifi, no network changes - recently disappeared from wifi and Sonos, Play 5 restarts, network, router restarts etc did not work. Plugging in wired ethernet, Play 5 came right up. Disconnecting wired ethernet and restarting Sonos, the play 5 will not reconnect, so wired connection only. While Play 5 was wired: Diagnostics ID 2131996897

HI mrdoodle,

Welcome to the community. In your diagnostic report I see that your Play:5's wireless card is having an issue. It would be best to reach out to our phone team who can take over from here. Please give us a call, our phone number and hours are here.
I've got the same problem the guy above describes. Sonos Play 5 suddenly disappeared. I've rebooted everything several times: nothing. I then connected with an ethernet cord and have tried reconnecting with wireless per the directions on this site. The controller tells me that it is reconnected and that I can remove the direct wired connection, but then when I do it doesn't play and disappears again. My diagnostics ID is: 333590346
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You might want to try the twitter support option, they are open 24x7.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
elisee1311 wrote:

I've got the same problem the guy above describes. Sonos Play 5 suddenly disappeared. I've rebooted everything several times: nothing. I then connected with an ethernet cord and have tried reconnecting with wireless per the directions on this site. The controller tells me that it is reconnected and that I can remove the direct wired connection, but then when I do it doesn't play and disappears again. My diagnostics ID is: 333590346

Hi elisee1311,

Thanks for sending in the report. It looks like there's an issue with the wireless card on your Play:5. Please reach out to our phone team who can take over from here. Our phone number and hours can be found here.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings