Play 5 drops off wifi and doesn't re-appear. Play 5 will only connect via wired connection now

• 27 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Play 5 over 1.5 yrs in the same location, same wifi, no network changes - recently disappeared from wifi and Sonos, Play 5 restarts, network, router restarts etc did not work. Plugging in wired ethernet, Play 5 came right up. Disconnecting wired ethernet and restarting Sonos, the play 5 will not reconnect, so wired connection only. While Play 5 was wired: Diagnostics ID 2131996897

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Play 5 over 1.5 yrs in the same location, same wifi, no network changes - recently disappeared from wifi and Sonos, Play 5 restarts, network, router restarts etc did not work. Plugging in wired ethernet, Play 5 came right up. Disconnecting wired ethernet and restarting Sonos, the play 5 will not reconnect, so wired connection only. While Play 5 was wired: Diagnostics ID 2131996897

HI mrdoodle,

Welcome to the community. In your diagnostic report I see that your Play:5's wireless card is having an issue. It would be best to reach out to our phone team who can take over from here. Please give us a call, our phone number and hours are here.
I've got the same problem the guy above describes. Sonos Play 5 suddenly disappeared. I've rebooted everything several times: nothing. I then connected with an ethernet cord and have tried reconnecting with wireless per the directions on this site. The controller tells me that it is reconnected and that I can remove the direct wired connection, but then when I do it doesn't play and disappears again. My diagnostics ID is: 333590346
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You might want to try the twitter support option, they are open 24x7.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I've got the same problem the guy above describes. Sonos Play 5 suddenly disappeared. I've rebooted everything several times: nothing. I then connected with an ethernet cord and have tried reconnecting with wireless per the directions on this site. The controller tells me that it is reconnected and that I can remove the direct wired connection, but then when I do it doesn't play and disappears again. My diagnostics ID is: 333590346

Hi elisee1311,

Thanks for sending in the report. It looks like there's an issue with the wireless card on your Play:5. Please reach out to our phone team who can take over from here. Our phone number and hours can be found here.