Question

Play 5 drop outs

• 20 December 2016
  • 5 replies

Have only noticed when listening to the tv in my office.
Setup is Playbar, Sub and 2 Play1's in lounge, Play 5 in office & garage and 2 Play1's on alfresco.
Haven't noticed dropout on alfresco, mainly in the office and only when tv is going.
Any thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

So I assume TV is using P:5 via line in. Two things you might try.
1. In the line in settings, set the device type to airplay device (I think that is the term, I'm away from system). It increases the buffering, and it doesn't matter that it isn't really an airplay device.
2. Change line in compression to compressed, although that may increase audio lag.
No. Tv is optical into playbar. Grouping all rooms and listening in office through play5
Possibly a weak signal or interference, not quite coping with TV sound bandwidth. Are you running purely wifi, i,e, no component wired to router?
Have a boost wired to router. These are in a storeroom which is in the middle of the house.
You might be best to submit a system diagnostic, although I'll give a bit of general info on interference below. If you would like to do a bit more investigation yourself, you could go into About My Sonos System and get the IP address of one of your players (not the Boost), then type into a browser window:

http://x.x.x.x:1400/support/review, where x.x.x.x is the IP address

Then click Network Matrix. If you like, take a screenshot and post back here.

If you have a Sonos component connected by Ethernet to your router, make sure it's at least three feet from the router and on a different channel (at least 5 channel numbers apart). Maybe try changing router channel as well. Do not have the router channel set to “Auto”. Are there other wireless devices near your router, such as a cordless phone or baby monitor, which might cause interference?

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142/~/submit-system-diagnostics