Question

Play 5 can not be found

• 10 May 2020
  • 5 replies

The last update that came Through killed my system. My play 5 is not recognized even plugged in through Ethernet. Not only is this the most frustrating thing but clearly everybody is having this problem that has updated.

not only that , the actual app has had HORRIBLE performance after the update.

inalso feel taken advantage of because as soon as all this happen I received marketing material for the “upgrade” service from Sonos.

If you guys need me to buy a new one for some reason just let me know but over a month dealing with this problem is unacceptable. 

anyone else get this fixed yet?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

@YTest Sorry for the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. Are you still having the issue with your Play:5 Gen 1? I did not see any email or phone case created and there was no diagnostic report number history for your system. We can see that your Sonos products currently show cloud connected to a wifi network and our server. Did a power re-boot of the network and Sonos products correct things for you?

If not, please update us with a new diagnostic report number here and if your Play:5 Gen 1 room name is still missing from the Sonos app.

I am having a similar issue and have tried all suggested options for getting it back online and functional.

I cannot submit a diagnostic for this speaker because my old Sonos account is linked with a Yahoo email alias that I completely deleted for security reasons.

Any solutions here? Speaker will not respond to hard-lining to router, reboots/resets or anything else.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @johnsinger23, thank you for reaching back to the Sonos community and for bringing this concern to us. Let me help you figure it out. 

Your Sonos account should be linked to an email account. Do you have another email account that you can use? If you have one, you can follow the steps below to transfer your Sonos system to a new account.

1. Open the Sonos app on your mobile device.
2. From the Settings tab, tap System > Transfer System Ownership.
3. Enter your Sonos account password and tap Sign In.

Note: If you don’t know the password for your account and don’t have access to the email currently in use, tap Cancel and return to the Settings tab. Tap Account > Sign Out and then System > Transfer System Ownership to complete the process. This will allow you to re-register your system under a new email address.

4. Tap Transfer.
5. Enter the email for the new account, acknowledge the privacy statement, and tap Continue.

Once you have successfully transfer your Sonos to the new email account, please run a diagnostic and reply back with the confirmation number. This will allow us to see how your system is functioning, and help provide a resolution.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Yes, I created a new Sonos account under the email associated with this account. The rest of my system can be seen there and is fully updated and working perfectly fine. I have already handled this issue and this is not my concern.

I have a Play:5 that could not be detected under the S1 or S2 apps on mobile or desktop (under theold or new email accounts) and is completely unresponsive to resets/reboots. It does not come up while wired directly to the router. The white light blinks nonstop and that’s all it has done for over a year now. I am fairly savvy with your products and have tried everything. I think it needs a physical repair and I do not know how to go about doing so. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @johnsinger23, thank you for your detailed response and for letting us know about this. It looks like your Play 5 is having a hardware issue that's why it's being unresponsive.

We really appreciate the time and effort you've spent doing all the troubleshooting steps, it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. 
I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to perform in-depth troubleshooting and do some tests on the Sonos app to isolate the issue with your Sonos Play 5 and to provide the best option for you.

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.