Answered

Play 3 won't play on its own

• 28 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi. My two Play 3’s are acting a little wierd. They can’t play anything on their own, but when configured as surround speakers or grouped with for example my Beam, they work. 

The Play 3’s show up in the Sonos app, but when I for instance select a song on Spotify It just loads (or sometimes stays on 0:00 seconds) and eventually says: “Can not connect to the Sonos product” (In Norwegian in my case) After a while the speaker/s disappears altogether ending up with that I have to restart them.

Till this date, I am still clueless about what to do. I have reset them around 3 times (each) with occasional problems under the configuration progress. I have also Googled to see if anybody else have experienced something similar, but I found nothing.

Screenshots from Sonos App, Windows 10 Pro:

“Could not play radio station”

“Please wait”

I’m currently using a mesh network from Asus: ASUS RT-AX92U

And the issue started after i switched to them, was using D-Link COVR-C1202.

They have internet, and show up in my router app (admin login).

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 June 2021, 00:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

When used as surround sound speakers, play:3s will use a 5GHz WiFi connection directly to your Beam.  When used as a separate stereo pair, they use 2.4 GHz WiFi with Sonos mesh network (if one of your Sonos speakers is directly wired to router) or to your router.

So, either the speakers are having trouble with their WiFi radio, or more likely, they’re having trouble connecting to your routers via 2.4 GHz. it could be that the new router is trying to connect them via 5.0 GHz or something like that.  

I’m not that great at networking issues, so helpfully someone else can provide more assistance.

Not to take anything away from melvimbe’s post, but there is the whole Asus issue as discussed in this thread:

Thanks Airgetlam.

After downgrading my software they started working.