Play:3 won't connect

My two Play:3 speakers stopped being recognized by the Sonos controller on my iMac. I see the Play:3 speakers have been discontinued. Is this why my controller no longer recognize these speakers? I only bought them two years ago.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
My play 3s are still working fine and I expect that to continue for many years. You likely have a different problem.

Have you powered them down, rebooted your router, rebooted your controller and then powered them up, about a minute apart to see if that clears the problem?
Thanks. That worked. My Play:1's never lost connection, but something happened with the Play:3. When I powered them off and on, the controller recognized them and required them to go thru an update. Once that finished, I was back in business. Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You might be able to avoid this kind of thing in the future if you use your router's DHCP settings to assign each Sonos device a static/reserved IP address. It has helped a lot of other sonos users.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings