Answered

Play:3 won't complete Trueplay set up

• 1 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I have a Play:3, Play:1 and a One.  The other wo speakers set up fine and sound great, but the Play:3 won’t complete the Trueplay process due to excessive background noise.  There is no background noise, I have tried the online advice of removing the cover from both my iphone 8 and ipad, but both have the same problem.  I have tried deactivating bluetooth as well.  I have also tried placing the epaker in different rooms to retune.  All with no success.  The other two speakers worked fine with no problems with the set up.  

icon

Best answer by Mark P 1 January 2021, 19:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @BMW Runner.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

I’d probably try to force close the Sonos app. and open it again.

Close other apps running on your phone.

Make sure your iOS device is connected to the right WiFi network.

Reboot any Sonos products that are unable to complete Trueplay tuning due to connectivity issues. Once they are powered back on, try tuning again.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the advice, I have tried what you suggested this morning, but unfortunately it made no difference and the Trueplay tuning stopped each time and claimed there was too much background noise as before. 

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the advice, I have tried what you suggested this morning, but unfortunately it made no difference and the Trueplay tuning stopped each time and claimed there was too much background noise as before. 

Because you do have other Sonos devices in your household and have tried the things mentioned, I would perhaps consider a factory reset and adding it back to your system and see if that perhaps fixes it.

Thanks for the suggestion Ken, I had already tried that, sorry I forgot to mention it in my original post.  Unfortunately it didn’t work

Thanks for the suggestion Ken, I had already tried that, sorry I forgot to mention it in my original post.  Unfortunately it didn’t work

My only other thought is some kind of local interference. Maybe to try a different WiFi channel on your router, that’s assuming the Play:3 is running on your WiFi and not SonosNet. You could perhaps also set the 2.4ghz band to use a 20MHz channel-width and perhaps switch off any WiFi access points, if you have any in addition to your main router? Not sure if it will help, but nothing ventured... etc.

Thanks for coming back Ken.  The Play:3 is connected to my Wifi, but I am not sure I would know how,(or want to) change the settings on my router (Sky).  My other two Sonos speakers are fine and they are on the same network.

Thanks for coming back Ken.  The Play:3 is connected to my Wifi, but I am not sure I would know how,(or want to) change the settings on my router (Sky).  My other two Sonos speakers are fine and they are on the same network.

You may find this video helpful, which briefly talks about wireless interference and provides some simple steps perhaps for your consideration…

https://youtu.be/3fQAAL5IwTE