Question

Play 3 weak flashing/blip white light

• 13 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello all, I have a play 3 that has disappeared from my sonos network all of a sudden.  The flashing light-type is not familiar. It is a quick blip-flash, not the normal, steady flashing white light I have dealt with now and then over the years.  I have gone as far as attempting a full factory reset to defaults by unplugging and holding the mute button while re-plugging back in to no avail.  I have also had an ethernet cable connected directly during troubleshooting.  I am suspecting a bad power supply.  Any other suggesstions?  And if replacement parts might be needed, is it worth it?  This play 3 I’m guessing is around 7-8 years old

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @bobbcat1969.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and doing the extra mile of starting with some basic troubleshooting steps. You were also able to provide some key points to better understand what works and what does not.

From this point, I would recommend calling our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps to better understand how to get this fixed as this is no longer a normal behavior of a Sonos device.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, we are always here to help.

Thanks,