Question

Play 3 drops out during crosfade

• 1 October 2016
  • 2 replies

I have 2 Play5, a boost, and a Play3. I assume the Boost is connecting to the Play3 due to the distance. And one Play5 is hard wired.

The Play3 drops out during the cross-fade. This can be up to about 5-7 seconds.You can still hear music coming from my 2 other Play5's. This happens about 90% of the time.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hello Craig,
Thanks for the reply.

The 2 Play5 & Play 3 are grouped together. The Play5's are L/R. Service was Google Play Music. Diagnostic report 6600610 was taken moments after issue occurred again on 1 Oct.

I'll have to check if it happens with the Play3 un-grouped.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi there, and welcome to the community!

That does sound unusual, so is this only happening when transitioning from one song to the next? Can you tell me what music source you're using (e.g. music library, Spotify, Apple Music)?
If you have everything grouped together could you try streaming to just the PLAY:3 to test this? Also could you submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number so we can take a closer look? See this link or details on how to do this: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142