Answered

Play 3 and sub drop outs from surround

• 25 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi

I have Arc, a sub and two play 3s as a surround system in the main room.  In the last 24 hours the play 3s and the sub have stopped outputting surround sound.  I deleted the play 3s and reset them up and all worked for about 10 mins then after I used trueplay the surround sound stopped again.  

The sub and the play 3s still show in the app and in the system.

Would appreciate any help.

Josh

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 April 2022, 22:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi

Just submitted a diagnostic.  Number is 709365537

Thanks

Josh

Userlevel 7

Remove the Play:3s as surrounds in the Sonos app and unplug the Arc and Play:3s from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router. Plug the Arc and Play:3s back in. Once they are connected to the network, add the Play:3s as surrounds and test again.

Could be an intermittent duplicate IP address issue. Try unplugging all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router has come back up, plug back in all your Sonos devices. 

Less likely, could be an update to your TV’s audio settings. Double check that the signal being sent to the Sonos is Dolby Digital. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks both.  Have followed the instructions and they have been set up again and working,  Will come back if they stop.

thanks

Josh

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Let us know - It seems to be a problem noted here: 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi

the play 3s are not working again.  Note that they are showing in the system for no longer working as surrounds even though they are listed in the system as surrounds.  

Can anyone help?

thanks