Question

play 1 with flashing white light

• 17 September 2016
  • 13 replies

i plug my sonos play 1 in to the wall and it wont connect. the white light just flashes all the time, waited at hour still flashing. Is it garbage? what can i do?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Dave29. Welcome to the community. What happens when you take it through the setup? Do you get an error message? Does it chime when you press the two buttons, once the application prompts you to? Thanks in advance for the additional information.
Indeed, from your post there is nothing to suggest you have attempted the setup process. If all else fails, read the instructions

http://www.sonos.com/en-us/support/setting-up-sonos
I have had the speaker since last christmas. Worked fine until I unplugged and moved it. Tried moving within 5 feet of router still flashing white tried a wired connection same. Phone app does not see the speaker. I bought 2 at the same time and the other one is still working fine.
Have you tried adding it again in Settings, add a speaker or sub?
Yes but the phone app doesn't see the speaker
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You could hard reset it but you would lose all your settings if you don't have any other Sonos speakers.

Plugging it into router and running setup and it still never sees it when run controller setup.
Already tried a hard reset..... The light still flashes
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
An actual hard reset (as after factory reset it shouldn't flash white) -

PLAY:1, PLAY:3, PLAY:5 (gen1), CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP and PLAYBAR:
1.Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
2.Press and hold the Play/Pause button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
3.Continue holding the Play/Pause button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
4.Once reset, the light will flash green indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.
I have held the button for 10 min and the light still flashes.... Even when holding the button
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would call Sonos.
Had a similar problem - followed the factory reset guide and tried to add the PLAY 1 to my network and was presented with the dreaded white flashing light. To resolve the issue I logged onto my router (BT Home Hub 6). I could see the Sonos Play 1 on the wifi network (identified by its MAC address printed on the bottom of the speaker) but there was no IP address assigned to it....so I selected the device and manually assigned an IP address. This allowed me to see the device in the controller and configure it.
It was a faulty unit... Called Sonos and they sent me a new one in 4 days.... Great customer service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Great news