Play:1 Will not connect to my system.

My Play:1 Will not connect to my system, it shows a solid white light. I tried factory resetting it and it only shows a solid white light all the time. Am I doing something wrong?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

21 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Hi Rita,

Are we talking about a new or existing play:1 here?

Do you have a SONOS device wired to your router?

What controller app are you using?

How far away is the Play:1 from your router (or nearest SONOS speaker if you have a SONOS device plugged into your router)? Also make sure that you are holding the right buttons at exactly the right time when doing a factory reset, as shown here: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answer...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Silence Josh....hopefully that means they figured it out.
Hello again,
I wish that the silence would have brought better luck. I installed the sonos app on my android phone, and my windows computer. The bridge hooked up perfectly, the speaker is being a pain. I think that the speaker is still connected to another system. I tried to factory reset it, and there is no amber/green light. It only stays white all the time. This was a speaker that worked great and now will not reconnect to my system. I tried using the ethernet cord from router directly to speaker and it did the same solid white light. The light does not change or even blink when you push the volume up/play/pause buttons simultaniously. I am wondering if the speaker is locked up and if there is anything farther I can do, besides getting a new one?? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would call sonos on phone
Ok, thanks for the help
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Ok, thanks for the help

Hi Rita, just want to check if you're still having this problem? Can you confirm that you are holding down the Mute or Play/Pause button before plugging in the power cable, then keeping the button pressed down for about 30 seconds, until it starts to flash amber? Should start to flash green shortly thereafter.

EDIT: We do not recommend this as a fix in most situations; it must never be done unless advised specifically for your setup, by a Sonos employee. This is only recommended if your unit displays a solid white light and seems incapable of anything else.
Hi,
I did the factory reset but did not get the flashing amber light.
Got flashing red light then turned to green flashing light.
Went through set up but still doesn't connect.
Help....
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi,
Help....

Have you got any other Sonos kit? If not you probably have to set it up like a brand new network again, or by plugging it in to router via Ethernet. As I understand it at least one Sonos device has to be on the network to add others.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi,
Help....

Sorry to hear about that, please give our Technical Support Team a call, so they can troubleshoot and replace the unit if needed: http://sonos.com/contact
Same as Rita here. Sonos play 1 not working, not connecting. I tried resetting the player to factory settings but nothing happens, just a white steady light.
Any help appreciate
any one got resolution?

i purchased playbar in 2013 and now it is solid white .. cant reset

customer service says new one can be replaced for $179 !

I think this is a defect since SOO many threads related to same crappy white solid LED situation
I have the same problem with my Play3. Solid white led and no sound or connecting possible...... Factory reset is not possible. Stays solid white.... Help!!!!:(
Hi, I'm having the same problem. Solid white light when trying to reset ( Play 3 with mute button ). Any solutions yet?
Userlevel 2
Im having the same problem with my playbar. Ive had Sonos for a few years now and i am constantly having issues with it, like connections dropping when i group and ungroup etc. Ive tried an ethernet direct to router, reboot etc but same as others just a solid white light, nothing changes when you push the pause/vol buttons to reconnect - any ideas to solve this would be really helpful thanks
I managed to fix the issue by unplugging from the mains for about 12 hours then going back to try the hard reset which then worked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, all. I would like to state that there is no quick fix for this issue. If you have attempted the factory reset and this has not offered any resolution, please contact our phone support team for further assistance.
I too am having this issue with my playbar, I would love for a fix. Seems like i have an expensive ornament. Why are so many Sonos systems facing the same white light issues ???
I'd like to add that I too just experienced the stuck white light issue with my PLAYBAR and nothing seems to fix it. My only choice is to replace it. This seems like a software issue/bug than my PLAYBAR actually failing, so it's hard for me to swallow replacing it.
I have the same problem.
I had two Play:1 speakers set to play in stereo. One stopped playing, and now it won't connect.
There is a solid white light as soon as I plug it in, but the app can't see the speaker.
I tried to factory reset, but that also does not work. It just stays on the white light.
The other Play:1 plays on without any problems.
What can I do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the same problem.
I had two Play:1 speakers set to play in stereo. One stopped playing, and now it won't connect.
There is a solid white light as soon as I plug it in, but the app can't see the speaker.
I tried to factory reset, but that also does not work. It just stays on the white light.
The other Play:1 plays on without any problems.
What can I do?

Hi soeren_h,

Usually if the speaker's light stays solid white when rebooting or factory resetting, it means that the operating system on the unit isn't starting up correctly. It would be best to have our phone team take a look at this live. Please give us a call, our phone number and hours can be found here.
Hi Jeff.

Thank you for your reply.
As there seems to be no quick fix for my problem, and as the speaker is almost bran new, I have handed it in to the shop where I bought.
Now it just need to wait 3 weeks for them to analyze the problem and give me an answer or a replacement speaker.

Regards,
Soeren..

Hi soeren_h,

Usually if the speaker's light stays solid white when rebooting or factory resetting, it means that the operating system on the unit isn't starting up correctly. It would be best to have our phone team take a look at this live. Please give us a call, our phone number and hours can be found here.[/quote]