Question

Play 1 surround sound

• 11 October 2016
  • 2 replies

hi guys, i have a playbar and two Play 1 all connected in my living room, is it possible to control the volume of one of the play 1 speakers? Because it turns both down and not one.
thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi there saf, welcome to the community. This is not something which is really easy to do at the moment. The closest solution would be to remove the surrounds and set them up again. As part of the setup process you are asked how far away each surround is from you; this is basically a simple volume setting. Further away equals higher relative volume to the other. It's a bit of a clunky way of doing it, but it may get you the volume level you like.
If the Play 1s are part of a 5.1 setup, isn't there a setting for adjusting the volume of the surrounds (the Play 1s) when playing back TV or music? It's under Settings/Room settings/ Room name (must be setting with surrounds)/Advanced audio/Surround settings. However this won't adjust just one of the Play 1s.

If the Play 1s are just grouped with the Playbar as individual speakers, it should be possible to control the volume individually. Click on the volume slider and a set of individual sliders come up.

Cheers, Peter.

p.s Is the ability to set the volume level of the surrounds with a slider new? I seem to remember just being able to set ambient or full (which is still there)?