Answered

Play:1 suddenly stopped working

• 8 August 2021
  • 4 replies

My play1 and play3 were in use when the play 1 stopped working.  The light won’t come on - I tried unplugging and plugging back in. I tried a different play1 power cord but no light. The original power cord worked normally with a different play1.  Also, it disappeared from the app.  Is my play1 dead?  It was weird how it just stopped while music was playing.  I’d be appreciative of any suggestions, similar experiences.  I have 3 more play1’s and I’d hate to think they’ll be dying 1 by 1.  (Sorry for the bad pun)

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 8 August 2021, 03:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Try keeping the Play:1 unplugged for a couple of minutes before you plug it back in. If this doesn’t work, I would contact Sonos Support.

As a last resort, you can try resetting the Play:1 by following the steps in this article:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US

Thanks. I did leave it unplugged several times for quite a while. I’ll check out the article you sent. 

GuitarSuperstar The reset did not work either so I’ll be contacting Sonos Support.  Thanks anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

There's been a few power supply failures in the Play:1's.