Answered

Play 1 keeps dropping out / stuttering / stopping and app loses connection

• 6 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge
Diagnostic code 1692910998.

Hi. Ive been having issues with my Sonos system for the last 24 hours. I usually have tunein radio playing in my bedroom 24/7. At about 11pm last night, I’d had the speaker off whilst watching TV and when I tried to turn it back on by pressing the button on the top, it blinked white a few times, then blinked yellow. I opened the Sonos app on my iPad, selected the bedroom speaker and pressed the play button, but was told that it couldn’t connect to the speaker. I then looked in the ‘about’ section and whilst all the speakers were listed, there was absolutely no data for serial numbers etc, just the speaker names.I then tried to run a diagnostic report, but the app said it couldn’t send at this time. I disconnected the iPad (and my iPhone too, as it was showing the same issue) from Wi-fi and reconnected, but things didn’t improve. I unplugged the Sonos speaker and plugged back in again, and also did the same with the Bridge, for good measure. Eventually, things seemed to be working again, although a few times during the night I woke up and the Sonos was silent, but pressing the top button immediately started playback. I took a diagnostic report earlier today when things were working again, in the hope that something might be visible to suggest what’s been going on. During the day today, I’ve been in and out of the bedroom several times and sometimes the Sonos has been stopping and starting and sometimes it has just stopped, but will start again if i push the button. I don’t really want to start taking the system apart and starting from scratch before chatting it through with you. I have three Play 1s (a single and a pair), a Play 3 and a Beam. I have taken some screenshots, if they’re of any use.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 6 February 2019, 23:49

Hi. Ive been having issues with my Sonos system for the last 24 hours. I usually have tunein radio playing in my bedroom 24/7. At about 11pm last night, I’d had the speaker off whilst watching TV and when I tried to turn it back on by pressing the button on the top, it blinked white a few times, then blinked yellow. I opened the Sonos app on my iPad, selected the bedroom speaker and pressed the play button, but was told that it couldn’t connect to the speaker. I then looked in the ‘about’ section and whilst all the speakers were listed, there was absolutely no data for serial numbers etc, just the speaker names.I then tried to run a diagnostic report, but the app said it couldn’t send at this time. I disconnected the iPad (and my iPhone too, as it was showing the same issue) from Wi-fi and reconnected, but things didn’t improve. I unplugged the Sonos speaker and plugged back in again, and also did the same with the Bridge, for good measure. Eventually, things seemed to be working again, although a few times during the night I woke up and the Sonos was silent, but pressing the top button immediately started playback. I took a diagnostic report earlier today when things were working again, in the hope that something might be visible to suggest what’s been going on. During the day today, I’ve been in and out of the bedroom several times and sometimes the Sonos has been stopping and starting and sometimes it has just stopped, but will start again if i push the button. I don’t really want to start taking the system apart and starting from scratch before chatting it through with you. I have three Play 1s (a single and a pair), a Play 3 and a Beam. I have taken some screenshots, if they’re of any use.

Hi there,

In your report I see that your Family room and Clubhouse speakers are getting hit with a lot of wireless interference, making it hard for them to send wireless data to your other speakers. Please look around these units for any third party wireless devices that could cause interference. Common sources of interference include cordless phones, wireless cameras, wireless baby monitors and wireless printers. Try moving away any such device you find, or power them off temporarily and see if things improve.

It may also help to change the wireless channel your Sonos system is using.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi there,

In your report I see that your Family room and Clubhouse speakers are getting hit with a lot of wireless interference, making it hard for them to send wireless data to your other speakers. Please look around these units for any third party wireless devices that could cause interference. Common sources of interference include cordless phones, wireless cameras, wireless baby monitors and wireless printers. Try moving away any such device you find, or power them off temporarily and see if things improve.

It may also help to change the wireless channel your Sonos system is using.