Periodic Sound Cutting Out

This just started after almost 2 years of installation. No new devices in the area. Submitted this diagnostics report: 7962328

11 replies

Same here - i believe it began after the last update. Diag no. 7984380 (I also sent in another diag 1 min earlier but forgot to note the no.)
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello, rcnap and tab. Thanks for the diagnostic reports and for posting. Since these posts, we've had a few updates and I wanted to circle back with the two of you to see if you are still having the problems with sound cutting out. In most cases, sound cutting out can be attributed to wireless interference. This means that in order to really nail this down, we will need another fresh diagnostic report.

If you are still having these problems, please submit another diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number. I'll be happy to dig right in.
Same here - Sonos please help. I ran out and bought a Boost, hoping that would solve the problem. But it hasn't. Sound just cuts in and out. And I certainly can't change a song - it takes minutes for all of the speakers (6 in an 800 square foot condo) to catch up. Help!
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
gheh388 wrote:

Same here - Sonos please help. I ran out and bought a Boost, hoping that would solve the problem. But it hasn't. Sound just cuts in and out. And I certainly can't change a song - it takes minutes for all of the speakers (6 in an 800 square foot condo) to catch up. Help!

Hi gheh388,

Thanks for reaching out. Please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos app then reply here with the confirmation number, I'll take a look for you.
Thanks. 287182141
Here's another. This is right after more issues. 253833105
Same, Zones all on Ethernet also, not wifi. 2087883071.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
gheh388 wrote:

Thanks. 287182141

Thanks for sending in the report. Your Sonos speakers have good signal strength, but there are still some wireless communication errors between your BOOST and a couple rooms. The Bedroom and Kitchen units in particular are having a hard time communicating with your BOOST. The first thing to try is changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is suing. This can help reduce the wireless interference between your Sonos system and any other wireless signals.

It may also help to look around and in between your Sonos units for any third party wireless devices which could be causing interference. Common sources of interference include cordless phone bases, wireless baby monitors and wireless cameras.
OK - I’ve tried channels 11, 6, and 1, and the problem still exists. I don’t have a wireless phone, a baby monitor, or a wireless camera. The speakers are about 20 feet apart. Any other ideas?
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
tacoloco wrote:

Same, Zones all on Ethernet also, not wifi. 2087883071.

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. The report came through with some formatting errors making it hard to read, but I can see a couple things going on. First off, it looks like one of your speakers is reporting an amplifier fault. Most often this is a CONNECT:AMP unit. If you have a CONNECT:AMP, you'll likely notice that the volume on the unit goes very low or even silent when playing, and that the light on the unit goes orange. This can be due to a wiring issue, an issue with your speakers, or an issue with the amplifier itself. To determine which, please remove the speaker cables from your CONNECT:AMP and then reboot it. Once back online, play some music to that unit. Does the orange light come on while no speakers are attached? If so there's likely a hardware issue. In this case you should give us a call and our phone team can take over from there. Our phone number can be found here.

If tha orange light does not come on, try reconnecting the speaker cables and speakers, making sure not to let the cables touch each other. You might also try different cables or different speakers to see if the orange light and volume reduction still happens.

As far as audio drop outs go, please refer to the steps in this guide. If that guide doesn't help, please send in a new diagnostic report and reply here with the new number.
Thanks.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings