Answered

PCM stereo only with PS5 and TCL C825 on eARC

• 2 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Hello all, 

I only manage to get PCM Stereo with my setup when I’m playing.

My TV settings are like this : 

• ​​​​Digital Audio Out : PassThrough
  • eARC enable 

My PS5 settings : 

• Output Device - HDMI Device (Soundbar)
  • HDMI Device Type - Soundbar
  • Audio Format (Priority) - Linear PCM

All my devices are supposed to support PCM multichannel… 

Am I missing something ? 

Thanks for the help !

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 October 2022, 15:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dopmAn 

I’m not personally familiar with the PS5, but “Linear PCM” does not imply that there will be more than 2 channels.

If there is a MultiChannel PCM mode, I recommend you select that instead.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Corry P

Thank you for your answer. 

The option “Linear PCM” on PS5 includ MultiChannel PCM Mode (btw this is the only mode available in PCM, otherwise there is Dolby or DTS)…

I will try with a new HDMI 2.1 cable see if there is any change… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dopmAn 

eARC only requires HDMI v1.4 cables (or higher, but nothing improves with it) to operate.

It may be worthwhile to check your TV’s manual to see exactly what formats it will passthrough from an external source - some TV’s have restrictions.

If the manual suggests it should work, please try rebooting everything (unplug the PS5, the TV and the Arc from power for a full minute) and if that doesn’t help, I recommend you try the DTS setting as there won’t be really be any perceivable difference, except perhaps the volume.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7

@dopmAn What exactly are you testing? Are you gaming, streaming, or watching a Blu-ray disc?

Also, set Output Device to HDMI Device (AV amplifier) and HDMI Device Type to AV amplifier rather than using the Sound Bar settings.

Hi @dopmAn 

eARC only requires HDMI v1.4 cables (or higher, but nothing improves with it) to operate.

It may be worthwhile to check your TV’s manual to see exactly what formats it will passthrough from an external source - some TV’s have restrictions.

If the manual suggests it should work, please try rebooting everything (unplug the PS5, the TV and the Arc from power for a full minute) and if that doesn’t help, I recommend you try the DTS setting as there won’t be really be any perceivable difference, except perhaps the volume.

I hope this helps.

Thanks @Corry P ,

I contacted TCL support and my TV passthrought this format from external source - no restrictions. 

I will try to reboot everything. 

@dopmAn What exactly are you testing? Are you gaming, streaming, or watching a Blu-ray disc?

Also, set Output Device to HDMI Device (AV amplifier) and HDMI Device Type to AV amplifier rather than using the Sound Bar settings.

Hi @GuitarSuperstar 

Already tried that, didnt worked either… 

Userlevel 7

@dopmAn What specific content are you testing on the PS5?

@GuitarSuperstar videogame only. 

Userlevel 7

@GuitarSuperstar videogame only. 

Use the two AV amplifier settings on the PS5 and set the Digital Audio Out setting on the TV to Auto instead of Passthrough.

@GuitarSuperstar Thank you for your help. 

I tried with all possible settings configurations on TV and PS5 and I still had PCM Stereo during videogames. 

@Corry P I plug my SONOS BEAM gen 2 to my TV with a HDMI 2.1 cable and it didn’t change anything as you sayed. 

I reboot averithing also and no change either. 

DTS 5.1 is working, I thing I will use this setting.