Answered

PC to TV to Beam 2 audio dropping issues

• 18 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello, so I got my beam 2 sometime last year and I hooked it up to my 4K Phillips Smart TV which I use as a tertiary monitor on my PC when I want to watch a movie or an anime or something. For the first few months it worked flawlessly, but one day it started to drop only certain sounds from whatever I was watching. For example, background music in a show would not play unless two characters were speaking. Any time there was a gap in speech the music would stop. This has also happened with some background noise such as rainfall. I’ve tried factory resetting the device but the issue persists. I have tried removing my PC from the equation, and using the beam solely with the TV, and that seems to fix the problem, it works perfectly fine until I hook my PC back up to it. Any help would be appreciated

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 18 March 2022, 21:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

If the TV allows, I would set it to pass-through the audio across its ports and that way, all the audio output configuration can then be done on the connected devices, including your PC, without the TV being involved in the audio processing.

Then go onto check the audio-output settings on your PC soundcard and the A/V Player App -  set them to use either Dolby Digital Plus / DTS 5.1, or PCM stereo audio and see if one of those codecs resolves the sound issue.

Thanks for the reply Ken, I will give that a try once I return from work