Question

PC - Searching for your Sonos System

• 11 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

Play 5 gen 1, Play One gen 1 and Sonos One gen 2 

PC Windows 10 is searching for Sonos system. This could be following updating today. I’ve uninstalled the program on the PC and downloaded it again. I’ve pressed the volume and play button on the Play One, been told the PC is connected to my system but it still can’t find the system, it is searching.

Having rebooted the router yet again my Samsung phone kept losing the system but seems to have settled.

Play 5 “got lost” but is now on the system, having had to use a LAN cable.

Over three weeks ago we had a new Sky Q router and this didn’t affect things. The PC is connected via LAN to the router. There is also a wifi signal from the new Sky Q! TV box and a booster but this PC is “hardwired” .

I’ve turned everything off and then on again ie reboot PC, phone and router.

Clicking on “System Support” gives gobbledygook.

I usually use the PC so this is just so frustrating!! Can anyone help please as I’ve been so pleased with my Sonos but this is causing a lot of grief and blue air!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 2

So I’ve reinstalled the three speakers one by one. I think I’d ended up with more than one system. I turned off the SKY Q booster but after i did this I realised that the SkyQ tv box is also a wifi source so that may have made no difference. I had to use LAN for the Play 5 even though it is the same room as the router. At one point they were all in a row 6ft from the wifi router and my phone next to them and they were not visible.

So once I had them all my phone app, S1, the PC app saw the whole system, using one speaker to link to it.

Then the app on my Samsung 10 stopped seeing “My Sonos” so I rebooted the phone and then the phone didn’t see the entire system again, there was a speaker missing even though it was on the PC app. After a long wait the phone app regained access to “My Sonos”

So I had to reinstall a speaker, this is getting repetitive! I had to use LAN again as it didn’t like the Wifi even though it was 6 foot or so from the router.

The I closed the PC app and reopened it and all it sees is the speaker which was introduced last! This is just nuts (I’m being polite!) I thought that I had got the situation solved but obviously not! Now on my phone app I can’t ungroup.

This is the main source of audio in this house and when it goes wrong it’s infuriating.