Question

Passwordtrouble with reconnect Sonos One

• 3 September 2020
  • 4 replies

I lost my Sonos One from my system. When I tru to reconnect it, everything works fine until i shall Connect to wi-fi. I know I type the right pw but it says that pw is wrong. Any suggestions?

Ive recently removed an old Play5 so I could USE the Sonos2-app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Trondlien.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Let me go ahead and check first what's going on inside of your Sonos device by submitting a diagnostic report number.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi again. I have now been nearly 2 hours in phone with support in Norway and the didn´t find a solution….. It is so strange. I have 5 Sonos-products and 4 of them works fine on wi-fi but my Sonos One will not connect to wi-fi. The system finds it but when I try to connect it to wifi I get the message with wrong password, even if I know I type the right password. It works fine when I use cable. 

This started when I removed a Sonos Play 5 (1. gen) and upgraded to Sonos 2 app. Is there a way to make a hard reset? 

Trond

Diagnosticinfo is 1510245246 ;-)

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Trondlien.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

That's odd that your other speaker is able to connect to your wifi but the Sonos One saying invalid credentials.

Below are the instructions on how you can reset your Sonos product to its factory settings. Before proceeding, I would recommend you read the full article first in our support website under Reset your Sonos product.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.