Answered

Pandora Unable to Browse Music

Badge

Unable to browse music on Pandora when I’m using the Sonos app.

I can browse from my desktop. 

Diagnostic Confirmation # 721834123

icon

Best answer by Jean C. 19 April 2020, 16:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Badge

I am having the same problem at my home, vacation home, and yesterday it started at my office .

I ran a diagnostic at the office. I’m not sure what equipment we are using here.

Diagnostic confirmation number: 1807110167.

Should I  run a diagnostic from my house later today?

Since I’m having the same problem on 3 different networks I wouldn’t think it's related to my network set-up, but I’m not an IT guy

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jeffkozar,

The more information you are able to provide the better we will be able to understand what is going on with your playback. 

It’s interesting that you are experiencing better playback though a app that seems to be on a different subnet. 

Do you have any switches or access points that could be interfering with your mobile app?

Are you able to wire in any of your Sonos speakers to see if it changes anything in the system behavior?

Hi , also we lost Pandora 4 days ago. Not having a happy wife. Pandora does not even show up as a music service option any more. Please help.

We have very fast internet. Same on all devices, iOS? Mac and Windows 

That suggests one of several possibilities. First, log in to your Sonos account here and check to ensure that your country location is specified. Sonos uses this as a pre-filter to determine which services are shown to you. Less obvious is the fact that a service won’t show up if, at the moment you open that page, the service’s server is down. It’s always worth waiting 10 minutes and trying again. I don’t think Pandora has been down for four days, though.

Second, try a refresh of your Wi-Fi network. It’s possible your speakers are having difficulty reaching Pandora’s servers. Unplug all your Sonos devices, and reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug the Sonos devices back in. Give them a minute or two to reboot and reconnect, and test.

Third, it’s possible a background update to a virus program / firewall is blocking the speakers abilities to reach out to the internet. Seems odd to only apply to Pandora, but it’s possible. Worth double checking any of those kinds of apps you may have running.

Finally, if none of that works, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of trying to play Pandora, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.  

Badge
  1. ​​​​​​Country location is correct
  2. I have repeatedly reset the speaker and router in different orders
  3. For the last 2 weeks I have been having the same problem on on all my devices, on 3 different networks, on 2 different systems. 
  4. I have sent diagnostic twice (No Response)
  5. Pandora worked fine for years. About 2 weeks ago it went out on all my systems at the same time

Looks like I can either have Sonos or Pandora, but not both

Did you just submit diagnostics, or did you contact Sonos support after submitting them?

Badge

I submitted a diagnostic in this chain 7 days ago

My apologies, I see you did. I don’t see a response to the questions that the Sonos community moderator posed to you, though. May I suggest that rather than waiting on the asynchronous nature of these forums, you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7. 

You’re more likely, I think, to get direct responses to your submission that way, and there’s something ultimately more satisfying, at least to me, of having a direct conversation. 

Badge

I’ll try giving them a call. Thanks Bruce1

Badge

My Pandora is back! I didn’t make any changes or contact support, it’s just started working again