Answered

Pandora Unable to Browse Music

Badge

Unable to browse music on Pandora when I’m using the Sonos app.

I can browse from my desktop. 

Diagnostic Confirmation # 721834123

icon

Best answer by Jean C. 19 April 2020, 16:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @jeffkozar,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your question.

Can you make sure that the Sonos app that you are using on your iOS device is fully up to date? 

Are the desktop computers that you are using wired into a network or are they connection to the same WiFi network as your phone?

Badge

I have verified all my apps are up to date. Also uninstalled & reinstalled the apps and restarted my modem. Now pandora is not listed in my services and it won’t let me add it

Badge

It’s not working on my desktop/laptop now either

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same here. It will not work on my desktop or on my phone. It worked about 2.5 hours ago. But not now. And I have a great internet connection.

Mine is doing the same as of today. Cannot login. Removed Pandora and will not let me add it back. What is going on here? I use Pandora more than any other music source on Sonos. Please help. 

One more with the same issue. Good to know it’s not just my Sonos. 

Another with the same issue. Pandora was working this morning and now not working from iPad or iPhone to connect. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @jeffkozar@Karl Zachry, @mylomine and @hal78 

It does seem that there is a service outage with Pandora at the moment. I don’t have any details to share but please sit-tight. I hope that we’ll have a resolution shortly.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I guess I can answer all the questions… I’m on the exact same network connection for both devices that I was on 2 hours ago when things were working fine. And the same configuration I’ve had for years. I can play music fine from my computer (good thing I’ve never deleted all my albums), but I cannot browse Pandora.

Userlevel 1
Badge

No sooner did I press enter on the last message than it started working again. I’m back in business. Just tried from 3 devices and browsing Pandora seems to be working fine again. A little less cabin fever now.

Cheers - Karl

Badge

Now its asking me for an activation code when I try to add a Pandora. Where do I get the activation code?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Now its asking me for an activation code when I try to add a Pandora. Where do I get the activation code?

Same here Jeff. No idea wtf happened here. Can’t add Pandora back to Sonos services. 

If Pandora is having an outage, as Jean said above, then they wouldn’t be showing up as a service to add. It requires the service to be up in order to add. 

I’m now also getting a message to enter an activation code. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok… Now it’s not working again. It wants me to “Reauthorized” my device… And that runs me in circles. I don’t see any place to find the code. It says go to the Pandora option on your product and it will give you the code. But that’s not happening. When I do that, it just take me to the web page that asks for the code.

Same issue with me. Wants a code to authorize and no code to be found.

https://status.sonos.com/

Note that Pandora uses different servers for their own application than they do for Sonos. 

Badge

I was able to login without an activation code, but I still can’t browse my pandora stations

I just restarted the app on my iPad and everything is working again. Must have been something glitchy with Pandora. 

Badge

I still can’t browse my music on Pandora. I’ve only had my Sonos a few days and it’s pissing me off that can’t get any real time help

Have you tried the Sonos Twitter support? They run 24/7.

Sonos Support

I would also sggest you try unplugging your Sonos devices, rebooting your router, then plugging the Sonos devices back in. That will cause a refresh of your network data. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello, all. 

Pandora should be back up and running now. Please let me know if you are continuing to have difficulties with your service on Sonos.

Badge

I’m still unable to browse music

Badge

@Jean C. I’m in the same situation as I was 2 days ago, nothing has changed

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @jeffkozar,

I apologize for the delay in responding. It seems that your post coincided with a system outage not directly related to what is happening with your Pandora set-up.

Are you able to submit a diagnostic report from “Help” tab at the top one of the desktop Sonos controllers? 

Were any of your Sonos speakers previously wired into your network directly? I can see that there is a Bridge registered with this system, please do not plug it back in if you still have it though.

If you are able to provide the model number of your Netgear router and that of any network switches that may be in your network set-up, it should help us be able to resolve this issue.