Answered

Paired speaker has gone to Kitchen (hidden)

Badge
One of my pairs play1 units in the kitchen isn’t working; has happened a while back but fixed with a reboot. I’ve taken it out of the system and added it back to get the same result.

Any ideas? Could this state be as a result of a recent SW update?
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 11 February 2019, 19:37

JohnBayne wrote:

I’ve moved the Kitchen Unit to Den; no difference seen. I’ve sent diagnostics: 1827168409

Note that when I edit the unit in Kitchen (Hidden) it’s room name is Kirchen and not Kitchen (Hidden) in the edit dialog.

Screen shots to show change and the edit window attached.

Thanks for trying that. Everything looks normal in your diagnostic report. At this point it would be best to have our phone team take a deeper look. Please give us a call, our phone number is found here.

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi, John. Welcome to the community. Not to worry, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. Many thanks in advance.
Badge
Thanks, diagnostics submitted under number: 348946106
Having a similar problem too!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
whparks wrote:

Having a similar problem too!

Well post a diagnostic then!
Thank you Stuart
Badge
Have you (Sonos Support/@Edward R) examined my diagnostic dump yet? Conclusion?
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
JohnBayne wrote:

Thanks, diagnostics submitted under number: 348946106

Thanks for sending in the report. I see that there is wireless interference causing your Sonos speakers to have a hard time staying in communication wirelessly. I also notice that the level of interference recently changed. Is your router set to automatically switch wireless channels? If so, try setting it to a static channel, that is different than the channel your Sonos system is using. Here's how to change your Sonos wireless channel.
Badge
Thanks for that, I did have some dropouts after rebooting my WiFi router just recently. Have now checked; the router is set to manual channel selection but must have switched channels on reboot and was using the Sonos channel.

However, my Play:1 is still ‘dead in the water’ being in room Kitchen (Hidden).

Any ideas wrt this, please?
Badge
Hi again Sonos,

is there a workaround to get my box out of the ‘hidden’ room and back into service please?

I’ve hacked about in settings, move it from room to room and back but the system keeps placing it in the ‘hidden’ room!

If you can’t provide a workaround can you advise as to how I can escalate this issue?

John
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
JohnBayne wrote:

Hi again Sonos,

is there a workaround to get my box out of the ‘hidden’ room and back into service please?

I’ve hacked about in settings, move it from room to room and back but the system keeps placing it in the ‘hidden’ room!

If you can’t provide a workaround can you advise as to how I can escalate this issue?

John

Hi John,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'hidden." If you do not see the speaker in your app, it has likely lost connection wirelessly, or has lost its network address. This guide has some great troubleshooting tips for when a speaker is missing from the app.

You can also send a new diagnostic report in and reply with the confirmation number.

If you'd like to get some more in depth troubleshooting, please give us a call. Our phone team can help troubleshoot the issue live. You can find our phone number and hours here.
Badge
Attached is a screenshot from the iPhone App -> Settings -> Room Settings to show what Sonos is reporting. It has faked up a room and put my Play:1 into it.

It is in contact with the controller (obviously) and it will do Trueplay Tuning. It is not available if I want to again pair it with the other Play:1 in the Kitchen.

The Sonos software has somehow done this ...

Please check this out and as support/development what is going wrong,

John
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
JohnBayne wrote:

Attached is a screenshot from the iPhone App -> Settings -> Room Settings to show what Sonos is reporting. It has faked up a room and put my Play:1 into it.

It is in contact with the controller (obviously) and it will do Trueplay Tuning. It is not available if I want to again pair it with the other Play:1 in the Kitchen.

The Sonos software has somehow done this ...

Please check this out and as support/development what is going wrong,

John

Thanks for the screen shot. That's quite strange. Please rename the non-hidden Kitchen speaker to something else and see if the hidden speaker starts to act normally. If not, send in a new diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.
Badge
I’ve moved the Kitchen Unit to Den; no difference seen. I’ve sent diagnostics: 1827168409

Note that when I edit the unit in Kitchen (Hidden) it’s room name is Kirchen and not Kitchen (Hidden) in the edit dialog.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20
JohnBayne wrote:

Thanks for trying that. Everything looks normal in your diagnostic report. At this point it would be best to have our phone team take a deeper look. Please give us a call, our phone number is found here.
Badge
Sonos phone support worked me through this. Simply, the speaker in question needed to be reset.

This is done as follows:- 1) power off the speaker 2) while holding down both the ‘Play/Pause button and the + button’, power on the unit and keep the buttons down until the led moves to flashing amber/red.

The unit is now reset and can be restored to the system.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings