Answered

Painfully slow S2 app, far worse than S1. any ideas?

• 22 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

We have recently upgraded our system to S2, and swapped a Bridge for Boost for the privilege.

It is now painfully slow to use by phone though (iPhone XS, nothing too old).

The ‘My Sonos’ screen takes something like 10-30s to load, which seems totally unreasonable and is also way slower than S1 (slow but less than 10s).

Any ideas?

TIA :)

icon

Best answer by Mark P 22 February 2021, 19:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @wildejon.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Few things you can try to check wifi interference that might cause the application to slowly load in your phone.

Next, I’d also be tempted to do a network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices, then rebooting the router. When the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices wait for 1-2 minutes, and test it again.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks for the reply :)

I’ve done all that and also wall mounted the Boost away from anything else.

It took around 7-8s to full load the ‘My Sonos’ page, is that deemed acceptable? I’m not sure what I should really help hoping for :)

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @wildejon,

Thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps as well as remote diagnostics that can be remotely gathered from your Sonos devices with your permission. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.