Overall poor Sonos performance after move

• 20 February 2022
  • 3 replies

I have recently moved and after setting up my Sonos system in my new apartment I am experiencing various issues with the system. 

I've not experienced any big issues with Sonos before but now more or less everything is malfunctioning

• I have two Sonos one speakers that I cannot include in my system. I have made factory reset of the units and added them several times without success, after addition I receive a message that they might not show in the Systems tab and I need to unplug the speaker for it to show up but they never show. I have also used the Find missing products function but it does not help.
  • When starting the Sonos app, it often shows Cannot connect to the system. After a minute or two the greyed out Account and System tab starts flashing and after some time it is connected.
  • Search function is randomly not working (spotify is connected) Even though when I am playing Spotify through the Sonos app the search function is indicating “No service connected” when I search.
  • The Voice service tab is randomly stuck at “Gathering information”, sometimes it shows I have Amazon Alexa connected.

My network setup is a bit different from before I moved. I now have a cable modem/router from my internet provider connected to an Asus AX6600 mesh system. The Sonos system is connected to my mesh WiFi. Does this setup need any additional settings for Sonos or how can I solve these issues?

3 replies

My network setup is a bit different from before I moved. I now have a cable modem/router from my internet provider connected to an Asus AX6600 mesh system. The Sonos system is connected to my mesh WiFi. Does this setup need any additional settings for Sonos or how can I solve these issues?

Not a bit different then, but totally different.  This may be a place to start:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3668?language=en_US

Further steps may be needed depending on how you have set up your ISP modem/router, the mesh and Sonos to work together.

The Airtime Fairness setting is disabled for both 2.4 and 5GHz bands. I have also downgraded the firmware version of the Asus router without seeing any improvements as one of the two Sonos one speakers previously was added and working in my system with this network setting.

Any other ideas?

You need  to tell us exactly what is wired to what - ISP router, mesh system, Sonos, switch etc. Then there will be a good chance that the Community will be able to help.