Question

out of sync analogue speakers with port

• 20 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Ok, I’ve a place in France, my lounge is large so as well as a pair of large wired Speakers I’ve got two play fives in the room with two more to come later.  Anyway, with the two wired speakers running through port and the play gives there is a slight lag between the two sounds.  I’ve tried the acoustic delay which when set on low 75ms is not quite enough, I need maybe a 35ms delay. There is no adjustment other than the presets but the delay  between the speakers makes the whole point of the port a waste of time.  Any help much appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This only happens when playing music from the amp the passive speakers are connnected to, to the Sonos devices, right? This delay is needed for buffering on the Sonos devices. You can't do anything about it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Check if the delay is from your amplifier, sometimes turning off the audio processing there will bring all into sync. Setting my Denon to Pure-Direct solved my issues.