Out of Ideas...need help with return

Badge

I love Sonos, but I’m just having the worst experience with a return and I can’t seem to get any help.  On April 25th after a support call, Sonos authorized a return and sent me the link.  That link, however did nothing, and calling Sonos again they said that the system was being upgraded and I would have to wait.  5/13 I receive an email with a shipping label.  I thought great, finally.  I pack up the speaker and power cord and head down to UPS.  Speaker shipped, I wait patiently. 

5/17 I receive an email advising me that a shipping label will soon arrive and that I should send the speaker only...no other accessories.  The email advises me to click a link to confirm my return.  Head to the link, input the info click submit.  ERROR.  I chat with support, they say they’ve sent it off to the team and it will be 24-48 hours, keep trying in case it’s fixed earlier.  I wait.  After 48 hours I call support. They tell me they they have brought it to support and “don’t worry” (worry is not the emotion at this point).

Another 48 hours has passed...nothing.  Still get an error. No longer have a speaker for my TV (it did function as a dumb speaker) and no idea when, how or what magic it will take for me to just confirm my return.

3 replies

Also having a nightmare time with returns…and that’s just even getting to the point where the returns link can be generated! Currently three weeks and 10+ support contacts in at this point.

Internally there had apparently been scheduled works to update internal systems due to be completed by 4th May…which seemed to have ended in disaster...agents do not have any ETAs. The returns team also cannot seem to be reached by support agents meaning there is no point for clarification, next action or escalation.

I have suspicions that either the support or returns team are being told to delay or defer replacements as I simply cannot understand how a company as big as Sonos could be so dysfunctional or unprofessional.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

“Internally there had apparently been scheduled works to update internal systems due to be completed by 4th May…which seemed to have ended in disaster...”

”I have suspicions that either the support or returns team are being told to delay or defer replacements”

If the first is true, why the suspicion in the second. I’ve seen IT-systems go very wrong…….

Badge

“Disaster”-- Yes, I would say.

5/26, now on my 5th call with support.  I have to detail the entire thing every time even after I give the issue number, I have to restate it all over again...step by step...all the information.  Seriously, at this point the cost of a new speaker is worth not having to do this anymore.  It’s hard not getting frustrated with the folks having to answer my calls, I just hate having to repeat myself.  There are no supervisors you can be escalated.

All I get back is, it’s been escalated we are waiting on a response from the orders team, you cannot speak to a supervisor.  Everything has been noted in the case, you won’t have to repeat it (I always have to repeat it).  Now they say I shouldn’t have to fill out the form now since they have all the information they need but they can’t give me confirmation that they will send the replacement. 

Bottom line, I had a speaker that sort of worked to no speaker at all over a month in.  Not exactly making progress.