Answered

Orbi and mobile app

• 2 June 2018
  • 6 replies

I too spent 20 minutes setting up Orbi and now into hour 4 of trying to get the mobile app to work with Sonos. Everything works fine with the PC app: all speakers and devices show up and I can play music through everything fine. It is the mobile app that won't recognize the existing Sonos system. I've read the other posts and have tried everything. I deleted the mobile app and reinstalled it and I am connected to the wireless network that is attached to the ethernet. I am using Orbi in AP mode but I can't see why that would make any difference over router mode.
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 3 June 2018, 05:30

I had a similar problem when I got my orbi. I recommend that you turn off the wifi on your fios modem/router. Connect orbi and only orbi to the modem/router and use orbi in router mode. Have the CONNECT and PC wired to your orbi.

Once I set it up like this, all my issues were solved. I can see Sonos from everywhere, and clear see the Sonos devices listed as connected devices on orbi.

I'm not great with networks but I believe the setup up had Sonos and wireless access on different subnets.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Can you clarify please? Do you have a Sonos device wired to your network? If so, what is it wired to?
Thanks John. I have a wired CONNECT (Ethernet connection to router) and wireless PLAY 5 and CONNECT AMP.
So your phone is connected to which wifi? Router or orbi APs? Is it an iPhone or Android? How is PC connected to network?
Phone connected to Orbi wireless; iPhone; PC connected to Ethernet under Fios router.
I had a similar problem when I got my orbi. I recommend that you turn off the wifi on your fios modem/router. Connect orbi and only orbi to the modem/router and use orbi in router mode. Have the CONNECT and PC wired to your orbi.

Once I set it up like this, all my issues were solved. I can see Sonos from everywhere, and clear see the Sonos devices listed as connected devices on orbi.

I'm not great with networks but I believe the setup up had Sonos and wireless access on different subnets.
Excellent! Thanks guys for the help. I'm up and running on the app.