Answered

orange / white lifght on Amp

• 10 June 2019
  • 6 replies

I have the Sonos Amp, two Polk audio 65i (indoor), two RW 5500 (outdoor), two impedance matching OSD Audio controls. When I have everything connected, I will get the blinking orange / white light. When I set the system to only play one of the speaker pairs, it’s fine. Any ideas on what would be causing the amber light when the full system is set up?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 10 June 2019, 02:10

I'm no expert in that area, but I'd be double checking the wiring, both from the Sonos to the impendance matching controls, and from those controls to the speakers. In fact, I'd also try removing the impedance matching controls completely, and wire just one set of speakers to the Sonos Amp (or CONNECT:AMP), which would be another good way of testing where the fault might be.
View original

6 replies

Have you referred to the LED states FAQ?
Yes - it a fault in the system. It’s pulling too much from the Amp. The impedence matxhing volume controls are supposed to prevent that.
I'm no expert in that area, but I'd be double checking the wiring, both from the Sonos to the impendance matching controls, and from those controls to the speakers. In fact, I'd also try removing the impedance matching controls completely, and wire just one set of speakers to the Sonos Amp (or CONNECT:AMP), which would be another good way of testing where the fault might be.
Yep - they work when wired directly. Not sure if that means i need to get two Sonos Amps (Sonos cheers in the background) or figure out if I can get the impedence matching volume control to work.
I am having same issue. Diagnostic code 392192449

No speakers attached.

Thank You
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
talwell, you might want to contact Sonos support directly so they can look at your diagnostic and respond. They have 24x7 support contacts on the Sonos contact page, just make sure it is set to your country.