Answered

only sound when turning up and down on Amp

• 6 November 2021
  • 4 replies

So all of a sudden I don’t get sound from my Amp except for the sound it makes when you turn up and down on the buttons on the amp. 

The app shows music playing but no sound. I can even group it with another speaker and get Tv sound to the other speakers in the group but no sound from the Amp itself. 

Since I can get the turn up sound I know it’s not the speaker connection. It has been working fine until now. 

icon

Best answer by Rossum 7 November 2021, 10:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The ‘playing’ animation doesn’t actually reflect anything beyond the fact that there is a line in connected.

What source is being sent to the Amp? What format is it being sent in? What device is sending the input?

HDMI arc , Spotify, sonos radio. No audio. But once again if I group the Amp with another speaker that speaker will play … 

HDMI arc , Spotify, sonos radio. No audio. But once again if I group the Amp with another speaker that speaker will play … 

It’s not muted is it, in the Sonos App? (little speaker icon next to its volume slider)?

It’s not muted is it, in the Sonos App? (little speaker icon next to its volume slider)?

No it wasn’t muted. But a restart with the power cable disconnected did the trick 😊

Thank you for your efforts Ken griffths and Airgetlam