Answered

Only 1 box plays music of the Play:1 stereo pair

• 5 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi

I have this problem that only 1 of the 2 Play:1's actually plays music. In the beginning it was only the left one that worked. Now the music switches from one speaker to the other. Sometimes both of them play.

They both have their white LED lights showing and I can see both speakers in the app. I have had them for 1.5 year, but this problem started only a month ago. They are connected by WiFi and are wall mounted above the bar. I only use them to play Spotify.

Diagnostic number: 1042496142

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 6 August 2021, 12:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried unplugging both speakers from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router?

I tried both these things, yes. Did not work. 

Userlevel 7

Is it possible to wire the left speaker directly to the router with an ethernet cable?

Not really, no. 

Userlevel 7

You could be experiencing wireless interference:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en_US

You might also consider swapping the speakers or getting a Sonos Boost.

Seems very strange. Like I said, they have been working for more than a year. Nothing really changed in the network settings or even in the interior of the café. How could it be that only now the problem has started?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @WASD - Gaming Café 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

There is a very high transmission error rate between the two speakers - 95% at one point. As @GuitarSuperstar suggests, it would be a good idea to try and minimise any nearby interference.

If things worked well before, I can only assume something new is now near one of the speakers and interfering.

As you are using UniFi, I also recommend the following steps:

• Click the Settings tab on the left sidebar
  • If the user is using the "New User Interface" (new UI), the user have to switch first to the "Classic View" in order to see more settings. The user is using the new UI, when the banner "Not seeing everything? Go to Classic Settings" is offered on the top of the page. Click on the link "Classic Settings" to switch to the Classic Settings, otherwise continue.
  • Click Wireless Networks under the Settings page
  • Click Edit next to the network SSID
  • Verify Guest Policy and disable it if enabled.
  • Click on the Save button at the bottom of the page.
  • Verify and disable the options Block LAN to WLAN Multicast and Broadcast Data and Auto-Optimize Network. 
  • Once completed, allow up to a minute for the AP to provision (apply the settings) and restore online connection, then test.

I hope this helps.