Answered

One SL rears - gurgling sound

• 17 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Lately my rear surround speakers (Sonos One SL’s) start making a gurgling or bubbling sound (it's hard to describe) after watching TV for a few hours. I have a Sonos Arc connected via Ethernet cable, and my Sub and the One SLs use Wi-Fi.

Either unplugging the two One’s or my Arc momentarily fixes the problem, but this is happening multiple times a week lately.

BTW, originally my Arc was using Wi-Fi also, but I recently changed to Ethernet to see if it helped.

The Arc has a Static address in my router, the rest of the system use dynamic IPs, but they never change. The speakers are in the same room as the router (Asus AX86U). I’ve changed the SonosNet Channel to 1 which is the furthest from my router’s signal. The audio comes from the HDMI ARC of a Sony XBR-75X900E. 

Has anyone else experienced this or have suggestions to fix?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 17 June 2022, 13:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @lkupersmith 

Thanks for your post!

This is quite strange, but almost certainly not related to networking - those kinds of problems would lead to audio dropouts on the surrounds.

Please remove the surrounds from your Arc, then add them once more:

Remove surround speakers

Add surround speakers to a Sonos home theater

Please also unplug your TV from power for at least a couple of minutes.

If the problem continues, please test multiple sources - does it happen with all TV sources, or just one? If you play music through the Arc, via the Sonos app, do you get the same result?

Please also submit a support diagnostic while the weird sound is heard, and reply here with the number given. Thanks.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you @Corry P 

I’ve done the Remove and Add as suggested. I did not do a speaker Reset on the surrounds in-between. Should I have? 

In any case, upon re-adding the One’s as surrounds, they were identified correctly and the test tones worked fine, but the Add procedure gave an error (twice). But when I took a look at System, Products, it shows both One’s included as surrounds and they work. I guess I won’t know if the strange sound warbling problem is gone until I’ve used the system for long enough for it to have appeared.

If it happens again, I’ll submit the diagnostic as instructed.

Thanks,
Lee

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @lkupersmith 

I’ve done the Remove and Add as suggested. I did not do a speaker Reset on the surrounds in-between. Should I have? 

No - I’d not reset until everything else had been tried. Let’s see how it goes first. As two speakers are making the strange sound, it’s very unlikely that a reset would do anything useful.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I can’t say it’s fixed for sure, but it's been a week and so far, so good. In the past however, there have been periods this long where I experienced no problems, but a week ago, this was happening every 2 or 3 days.

Userlevel 1
Badge

It’s been another couple of weeks without a problem, so I’d say the problem is fixed. Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @lkupersmith 

You are very welcome, and thanks for updating the thread 😀