Answered

One SL offline

Badge

I have 2xplay:1 speakers and 2x One SL (kitchen & office) speakers all in different rooms. They are all on network channel 11 and all 4 have the white light on the top.

First the kitchen one no longer appeared on the list of speakers. It would still play music from the previous time it was used. I reset it and my router and still no luck. Then randomly it came back, but the office one disappeared off my list.

Tried resetting the office one but no luck. It is now still got white light. 

Edit: after typing this the office one is now showing on my iPhone, but not my laptop. If I try to join it in to a group it says it can’t connect.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 May 2021, 07:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

A few questions. Your forum data doesn’t tell us where you’re from. Any chance you’re in the UK? There’s a rather large black box on the right of the forum that links to a thread about issues currently being experienced by users of the BT smart hub 2.

However, if that’s not the issue, there isn’t enough information for us to make anything more than rampant speculation. It could be as simple as basic wifi interference , or a duplicate IP address, or something else. It might be helpful to know more about your network, for instance. What router are you using? How is your Sonos system set up, wired, or wireless? If it is wired, what device is wired, and to what network device? Are you running S1 or S2? Have you rebooted your router while all Sonos devices were unplugged from power?

Badge

Hi Bruce

All 4 are on the same wireless network with a sky router with two Sky boost units in the house creating a mesh network. When I’ve checked the IP address of the sky router it is detecting all four speakers on the network. I’m using S2 and have all the latest updates. the SL Parker’s were only added a month ago and have been working fine so far. 

I’ve rebooted the Sonos speakers that disappeared but that didn’t help. I’ve rebooted the router, but didn’t have the all the speakers unplugged at the time. 

Not overly familiar with Sky’s product, but in general, Sonos isn’t overly fond of mesh networks other than their own. Try plugging one of the Ones into the base/root device from Sky, then remove your network info from Sonos, and test. I suspect that everything will show up. 

I suppose you could also attempt just unplugging those sky boost units, and see how the Sonos reacts. I’m guessing that those boost units are splitting the network in some way, and the Sonos devices aren’t able to communicate with each other, as they normally do. 

Badge

I switched off the booster as you suggested and moved the speaker closer to the base router. Before I connected it with an Ethernet, it had reappeared. Not sure why as it was definitely in reach before. It must have had something to do with the booster.

I’ve moved the speaker back and turned the booster back on and all seems good.

I’ll keep an eye on it for now and see if it stays connected.

Thanks for the advice