Question

one SL

• 25 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

I purchased 2 x One SL speakers and want to use them as surrounds with my Beam. I set them up but one has no sound at all not even the setup chime. I did a full product reset to no avail. I tried setting up as an individual room speaker still no go. The other one worked perfect within seconds. Sonos are mucking me around something shocking saying they want videos as I push the buttons… for gods sake I’ve set up 12 other components within seconds and they all work perfectly. I’ve obviously got a faulty One SL and just don’t know where to go from here. Have spent thousands on their product and they are refusing to accept that there’s always a chance something can be faulty every now and then. 

4 replies

The community can’t do any more for you than Sonos can, if you have a faulty device. 

Unless you just wanted to vent, I’m afraid we can’t help. If you wanted sympathy, you've certainly got it, nothing more frustrating than being in a conversation that’s not going anywhere. I had a similar conversation with Dell support yesterday. 

I hate to suggest it, but sometime trying “support roulette” does work. Not every rep has understood all of the training, they’re humans, after all. And make sure you’re dealing with Sonos Support, rather than some third party scammer. I’ve seen several posts from people who thought they were dealing with Sonos, but in fact they’d contacted a scam support company. 

Badge

Thanks for that Bruce. I will phone them when they are open again and talk directly with them. 

Best of luck. The phones won’t be open until Monday, they’re open during normal business hours, as far as I know. But there’s an indicator on that link I provided that there’s twitter support 24\7. But maybe waiting till Monday might help :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I purchased 2 x One SL speakers and want to use them as surrounds with my Beam. I set them up but one has no sound at all not even the setup chime. I did a full product reset to no avail. I tried setting up as an individual room speaker still no go. The other one worked perfect within seconds. Sonos are mucking me around something shocking saying they want videos as I push the buttons… for gods sake I’ve set up 12 other components within seconds and they all work perfectly. I’ve obviously got a faulty One SL and just don’t know where to go from here. Have spent thousands on their product and they are refusing to accept that there’s always a chance something can be faulty every now and then. 

Honestly, if this happened to me.  I’d immediately just return it, and buy another.  Also, contact your credit card company, most will agree to place a credit back on your card for defective merchandise - little known feature of most CC’s.