Answered

Odd Play1 Issue

• 17 July 2021
  • 3 replies

I have an odd issue. I have a house with Sonos products in multiple rooms, including two rooms that have identical home theater set-ups with a Beam, a Sub and two Play1’s as surrounds. I recently upgraded my router and all the products appeared to have reconnected successfully. However, I noticed yesterday that one Play1 used as a surround in one of the home theater set-ups had a blinking white LED. I reset the speaker several times, each time successfully connecting the speaker to the network and Sonos system, but when I tried to finish the set up by adding the Play1 pair as surround speakers, the app gives me an error message after timing out saying it cannot add the speakers as surrounds. The other Play1 that was not affected reconnects as a surround but the affected one does not connect and returns to a blinking white LED with no sound. I am out of ideas. Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by buzz 17 July 2021, 19:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Try rebooting BEAM. Also, don’t pair the PLAY:1’s prior to adding them as surrounds. Don’t Factory Reset anything without further consult.

Prior to replacing a router, one should shut down EVERYTHING on the network. else there could be frustrating intermittent issues.

Perhaps try unbonding the surrounds and powering off the main HT device (Beam) for 30+ seconds and then power it back on and try bonding the speakers back to it one more time and see if that solves the issue for you.

edit: Ah, @buzz beat me to it. 👍

Buzz & Ken,

Many thanks for the quick responses. I rebooted the Beam and that did the trick. The Play1 was recognized and the HT system is now running. Really appreciate the help. 

Scott