Novice

Sonos app on iPad tells me I have conneted to Spotify, but Spotify wont play through Sonos

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Do you have a Spotify premium account? Spotify requires that in oder to connect the account to your Sonos system, you do need a "premium" account.

Also... if you are trying to control Sonos from the Spotify App: "For the Sonos devices to show up in the Spotify app under “DEVICES AVAILABLE,” you will first need to link your Sonos products to your Sonos Account by tapping on Settings > Control Sonos from Spotify and following the on-screen prompts. This option is found under Advanced Settings > Music Sources on the Mac and PC Sonos apps."
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Alternatively... your players could be experiencing wireless network interference/noise and as a result can't form the necessary connection to Spotify to start your stream?
Yes I do have Spotify premium- only since yesterday. Sonos does show up as one of the devices on the Spotify app. When I try to play music through the sonos app it tells me I need premium? May it just be that the new premium account hasn't filtered through yet? Thanks for your help.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hey penelopjane - Are you still having an issue playing to Sonos from the Spotify app? It is possible that at the time of subscribing to premium the subscription type didn't propagate immediately to reflect the new account type, which is why Sonos was still seeing a free version. I'll be more than happy to help if you're still experiencing connection issues.

Just make sure to submit a diagnostic and let me know the confirmation number when replying.
Hello AndyB, yes still having problems - am playing Spotify through the Sonos app. Still, when I go into my Spotify account settings it tells me my account is free, this is despite having A premium playlist in the app? Thanks
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
penelopjane wrote:

Hello AndyB, yes still having problems - am playing Spotify through the Sonos app. Still, when I go into my Spotify account settings it tells me my account is free, this is despite having A premium playlist in the app? Thanks

Did you ever sign up for Spotify with two different email addresses or possibly via an email address and then a Facebook account? If you haven't already done so, log out of the Spotify app and then log back in with the email address or Facebook account you used to sing up for premium.
You are a star AndyB that did it. Many thanks

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)