Not playing full track

When playing songs from “on my phone” the song plays 1/2 to 2/3 through then advances to the next track. Is there by chance any troubleshooting tips for this? When playing the same song on my device it does play all the way through. Thanks in advance!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
When playing songs from “on my phone” the song plays 1/2 to 2/3 through then advances to the next track. Is there by chance any troubleshooting tips for this? When playing the same song on my device it does play all the way through. Thanks in advance!

Hi TinPS,

Welcome to the community. You may be running into an issue we're investigating where playback from the storage of an iOS device is interrupted when the phone goes to sleep or into auto lock. We'll update this thread when we have more to share, but for now you can disable auto lock in the iOS settings menu under Display & Brightness, or you can disable AirPlay on non-Sonos devices to get playback working again.

Hi TinPS,

Welcome to the community. You may be running into an issue we're investigating where playback from the storage of an iOS device is interrupted when the phone goes to sleep or into auto lock. We'll update this thread when we have more to share, but for now you can disable auto lock in the iOS settings menu under Display & Brightness, or you can disable AirPlay on non-Sonos devices to get playback working again.

I am having the same issue and looking for a solution. This response to TinPS was over 8 months ago, where is the actual answer? If not here, where?
Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I am having the same issue and looking for a solution. This response to TinPS was over 8 months ago, where is the actual answer? If not here, where?

We are currently investigating issues with audio playback from an iPhone or iPad to Sonos when using the “From this iPhone or iPad” music source.

If you use other apps that use the iOS device audio, such as making a phone call, YouTube, social media apps, or use Bluetooth headphones while playing from “This iPhone or iPad,” you may experience audio interruptions on Sonos until you completely close or quit those apps. Until this issue is resolved, we also recommend disabling Bluetooth for the best experience.

Additionally, if there are any AirPlay devices on your network, such as an Apple TV or Airport Express, audio from “This iPhone or iPad” may stop abruptly until AirPlay is disabled on those devices.

We recognize this isn't an ideal solution for those who use AirPlay regularly at home, but if you prefer to continue playing to Sonos from “This iPhone or iPad” without interruption, refer to the device manufacturer’s instructions for disabling AirPlay. Once AirPlay is disabled, close and re-open the Sonos app and start playback again.

Source.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings