Answered

Not playing first 20 seconds of songs

• 18 June 2022
  • 4 replies

After the latest update, my Sonos system will not play the first 20 seconds of random songs in a playlist.  And, no, they are not Sonos-created playlists; they are well-played custom playlists that never had this problem before the update.  And it’s not a problem with the songs themselves.  I can go back and start them over and they play fine.  Also, it does this regardless of the cross-fade setting.

I submitted diagnostics, #1574392379.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 19 June 2022, 17:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

@KnAllen16,
My daughter in law once had this issue, albeit a couple of years ago, with Spotify.

To resolve it in her case she used the online account resource to ‘sign out of Spotify everywhere’ and then removed the Spotify App from her mobile. She also removed the Spotify service from the Sonos App and reset the App itself… then reinstalled things back and it has worked perfectly ever since.

I’m not sure if that may help you at all, particularly as you haven’t mentioned which service you are using, but perhaps a similar action will resolve your issue.

I’m not sure which one (or combination) of the things mentioned, resolved the matter, but it has never returned for her since, not even with the latest App updates.

Also just to add that it might be worth power-cycling your speaker(s) and the local router too to refresh the local network, that’s if you have not tried that already. Hope you manage to get it sorted.👍

Thanks ken_griffiths.  I’ve tried all of that, but it’s still happening.  It was ok before the latest update (as ok as Sonos can be);  since then it’s had the issue.  And, I use Spotify for my primary service. 

Yes, the Spotify service was what my daughter-in-law was using too, but it was a long time ago. We suspect it was an account issue  - I can only reiterate the steps in my initial post, which sorted the issue for her. I don’t think it’s connected to the Sonos update, as her setup is currently working fine. Maybe speak with the Spotify Support Desk to see if they can assist. Here is a link to get you in touch with them:

https://support.spotify.com/uk/article/contact-us/