Question

Not connecting to sonos

• 19 December 2016
  • 6 replies

Had sonos 1 and 3 for couple of months and slowly regretting buying them. Lovely sound when working but very unreliable. Quite often devices whether using iPhone or iPad do not register the sonos 3 location. Shen it does plays for a short while then cuts out and message comes up saying error 1001. Getting beyond frustration now

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I'd suspect that you have an IP conflict in your network. The usual suggestion all over these boards is to power down everything that connects to your network, including the modem and router (and iphone and iPad!). Then bring up each device, starting with the modem, then the router, then each devices. You should do so slowly, allowing each device enough time to fully boot up, request and receive a new IP address before moving on to the next. I think that should clear up your issues, and you'll be able to see the Play:3 at all times.

You can see much the same information when looking on the Support Site for Error Code 1001 here:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2393/kw/Error%20code%201001/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ4MjE3NzI1OS9zaWQvZlVxQnRtcXpmJTdFVmRLSWtpQzQyQkF2ajRTQVpSR3F3ZTRZV1Z1OSU3RXRJelExODgxdmpYdVFSaEtlQWkwelZQZUFmRmh2MHpCeUpJb1FnUGhMNDJJQmh2VTlPYkklN0VvMFpqbnZTMnFEQ2o2RXZndlRMbmw3eTVTMnZnJTIxJTIx#1001_1005_1009_1010
Many thanks for your help. I'll give it a try!
You're most welcome. Be sure to let us know how it turns out.
By the way, if you feel comfortable in messing with your router settings, I'd certainly suggest reserving some higher level IP addresses for your Sonos devices, so that you don't run into this again. For my router, it tends to assign IPs in the n.01 to n.50, so I set all my speaker's IP reservations around n.100 and up, so they'd be out of the way.
Hi, seems to have worked so far. Not quite sure what you mean about the router, could show it to someone at work and they may be able to advise. Appreciate all your help. Many thanks. Simon
No worries, reserving the IP addresses is just a hedge against you ending up in the same situation again. Delighted to hear that it is working now!