Answered

Not all songs showing up from music library

• 30 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have an artist that released a double CD. Each CD has the same songs (with the same name), one CD is acoustic and one is electric.

I stored them like this:

• Artist Name
    • Album Title
      • Acoustic
        • Song 1
        • Song 2
      • Electric
        • Song 1
        • Song 2

But when Sonos examined it and imported into the library, I do not see both versions of the song, I only see one version.

I noticed that I screwed up one song’s metadata (so the file name and tag for the song name) are slightly different, and in that case both show up.

So, I’m curious about what Sonos is using to make the decision about 2 things being the same. Oh, and this is the new app too (S2).

icon

Best answer by littlepiggy 1 July 2020, 17:54

Since the correct title of the CD doesn’t include Acoustic or Electric, and I want to keep all titles as accurate as possible in the tags, I did not want to use Stanley_4’s suggestion (if I didn’t have to).

When I looked at all the tags, I found I can use the tags below appropriately to get all 24 tracks to show up (in the correct order). I believe only TRACKNUMBER likely needs to be changed (so I believe it is part of the uniqueness determination, along with TITLE and ALBUM that Sonos is using in their indexing).

• DISCNUMBER=2
  • TOTALDISCS=2
  • TRACKNUMBER=17
  • TOTALTRACKS=24
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Location on your storage device doesn’t seem to matter, the tags in the music files seem to be used.

Userlevel 1

If you update the song titles to include “(acoustic)” and “(electric)”, or store the double CD as 2 separate albums, one called “Album title (acoustic)”, the other “Album title (electric)”, it works. There may be other and better solutions for you, but that is how I do on my NAS.

Badge

I am having a little computer trouble at the moment, so changing tags will take me a little while. If someone happens to know exactly which collections of tags is used to determine “uniqueness” that would shorten the trial/error with playing around. I would prefer not to corrupt the tags (with incorrect song info) just to make Sonos happy, but I can consider it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Pretty sure tweaking the album name to include Acoustic or Electric would do the trick.

Badge

Since the correct title of the CD doesn’t include Acoustic or Electric, and I want to keep all titles as accurate as possible in the tags, I did not want to use Stanley_4’s suggestion (if I didn’t have to).

When I looked at all the tags, I found I can use the tags below appropriately to get all 24 tracks to show up (in the correct order). I believe only TRACKNUMBER likely needs to be changed (so I believe it is part of the uniqueness determination, along with TITLE and ALBUM that Sonos is using in their indexing).

• DISCNUMBER=2
  • TOTALDISCS=2
  • TRACKNUMBER=17
  • TOTALTRACKS=24