Answered

No speakers showing

• 6 August 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a bridge hardwired to my wireless router which is broadcasting 802.11ac on the 2.4 and 5Ghz channels, my modem is in bridge mode. As Sonos only works on 2.4Ghz on the b and g bands. I would not expect the speakers to attempt to connect to the wifi, but default to the bridge to connect via SonosNet. Each time I start up the controller on either my laptop or mobile device, only the bridge is shown as connected. I can't reconnect the speakers reliably. Any suggestions to address this issue?

Is is all I see in the "About My Sonos System" menu:

Associated ZP: 192.168.1.113
---------------------------------
Bridge: BRIDGE
Serial Number: 00-0E-58-E5-3E-C0:A
Version: 9.0 (build 44254230)
Hardware Version: 1.5.0.0-1
Series ID: X999
IP Address: 192.168.1.113
WM: 0
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 August 2018, 19:36

Interesting. I'd certainly agree that your speakers should be connecting to the SonosNet signal being set up by your bridge, rather than connecting/not connecting to the 802.11ac signal that they can't see.

So, it causes me to wonder if you may be having an issue with the power supply on the BRIDGE, which might cause the signal to be erratic. What happens if you remove the BRIDGE for now, and connect one of your speakers, instead? Do all the other speakers show up at that point?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Interesting. I'd certainly agree that your speakers should be connecting to the SonosNet signal being set up by your bridge, rather than connecting/not connecting to the 802.11ac signal that they can't see.

So, it causes me to wonder if you may be having an issue with the power supply on the BRIDGE, which might cause the signal to be erratic. What happens if you remove the BRIDGE for now, and connect one of your speakers, instead? Do all the other speakers show up at that point?