No sound on tv apps (YouTube, Hulu, Netflix)

• 28 August 2017
  • 11 replies

Submitted diagnostic # 7769542

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Same here! Playbar connected by digital cable out from Samsung Smart TV. Sound works fine when watching Cable and playing PS4 but when using apps on tv such as YouTube, Hulu, amazon video and Netflix, there is no sound, If I unplug the digital audio cable and plug back in, then the sound will come out but if I switch apps or switch back from cable the sound will not work again. Digital Audi cable is working, with red light. Did the power cycle too on the playbar but still happens when I switch between apps and cable. Please advice. Diagnostic # 7769588 (it's the playbar labeled FR Play Bar
Did you resolve the problem. I have same issue.
seems like sonos is aware of the issue and trying to have a new update. I saw this on the google news feed today. hopefully sonos will roll out a fix soon
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, we're currently keeping track of this issue here. We'll be announcing in that thread when it's been resolved and what you might need to do to get it.

I'll go ahead and make tickets for you guys so you get notified when the update is ready to go.
The latest entry seems to be almost 10 days old and still no fix? We just updated today and we noticed the problem is still going on. Here is our diagnostic number. Hopefully somebody is working on this it looks like it's been going on for more than 2 weeks # 7811767
Did you happen to read the post right before yours, where Sonos pointed to another thread where you can get a beta release that seems to be fixing the majority of these issues?
Airgetlam I did, thanks. I sent them my ticket number. Still waiting for a beta link to fix the problem. It's strange that it's not on their main page since it's a problem for so many other people. You think they would have something up there for all of us to click on and understand right away without having to go into forums
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey Frank, I just went and added you to the beta for this issue.
Same issue, how can I get in on the fix? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same issue, how can I get in on the fix? Thanks

Hi seank711,

Please check for updates on your system, you should have a new one available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

We're going to close this thread to new comments in order to focus on the main thread for PLAYBAR audio issues. Please post here if you have any issues with TV audio on your PLAYBAR.