Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Userlevel 3
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 October 2017, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
ChristinaT96, rsieck1, dutchnorwd, BenCPower, DDavis, mike.d, benlevi85, FrankH654, mmg, and Emerald City Dave you've all been flagged for the beta. Please run the update for your systems when ready.
Badge
Hello, ive got the same issue, LG 55c6v. Please add me to the beta, if applicable
diagnostic no. 7891975
Many thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
You're all set now to update Scott, I've flagged your account for the beta.
Hello, I have the same issue while trying to use Netflix, Samsung UN50KU6300F. Please add me to the beta,
conformation no. 7892076
We've had issues specifically with applications through our TV (Samsung 6 Series 55" Curved) while streaming video through Amazon Video, and our home cloud. We'll start a video, and for the first minute or so, we won't get sound. Anytime we pause the video, we have the same issue. The solution seems to be to continually toggle the volume up and down until it works again. We have the playbar, subwoofer, and two play1's. Seems to work fine under most other circumstances, not sure where the issue resides.

Diagnostic conf# 7892157
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, I have the same issue while trying to use Netflix, Samsung UN50KU6300F. Please add me to the beta,
conformation no. 7892076

Hi ironjohn,

You should have an update available on your Sonos app. Please run that update and test things out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
We've had issues specifically with applications through our TV (Samsung 6 Series 55" Curved) while streaming video through Amazon Video, and our home cloud. We'll start a video, and for the first minute or so, we won't get sound. Anytime we pause the video, we have the same issue. The solution seems to be to continually toggle the volume up and down until it works again. We have the playbar, subwoofer, and two play1's. Seems to work fine under most other circumstances, not sure where the issue resides.

Diagnostic conf# 7892157

Hi there,

You should be able to update your Sonos system now. Please try that out and let me know if it helps.
Will do Jeff. Thanks!
That solved the problem. All of our apps have consistent and immediate audio.
Userlevel 1
Can I be added to the beta please?

Confirmation: 7875490
Badge
Please send latest beta fix my way. Have not had any audio dropout issues for 2+ years on the playbar until 7.4
Source: Apple TV 4th gen (hdmi to Monoprice HDMI switcher)
Monoprice Swither: HDX-401TA (optical OUT of switcher, into PlayBar, HDMI out straight to TV)
Sonos PlayBar: Wireless (although using a BOOST)
TV: Samsung UN60H7150 (hdmi from monoprice switcher)

Diagnostic info: 7893066

Thanks in advance.
Please add me to beta. Diagnostic no 7893147. Update 7.4 has stopped streaming from Samsung UA50HU7000 TV. Wired connection with connected sat box still working OK. Play and Sub. Thanks
ChristinaT96, rsieck1, dutchnorwd, BenCPower, DDavis, mike.d, benlevi85, FrankH654, mmg, and Emerald City Dave you've all been flagged for the beta. Please run the update for your systems when ready.

Thanks Andy! That did it. Yippeee my wife can watch QVC again 🙂 And Amazon is working too.
Same here, plz add me to beta
Diagnostic# 7893201
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi MrVague-uk, SonosPlay135, ianwilli, and Paniek,

You should all have updates available now. Please update your systems, test things out, and let me know how it goes.
Ticking sound from play 1 surrounds and slow start of audio at times

Diagnostic: 7893318
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Ticking sound from play 1 surrounds and slow start of audio at times

Diagnostic: 7893318

Hi PetroK,

I've added your system to the beta. Please check for updates and run any that your system finds.
Can I please be added to the Beta if that is fixing this issue? I have a Samsung TV, Model UN65JS8500FXZA. I have the playbar connected using the optical cord to the Samsung Mini-Hub. Diagnostic Info: 7879175 & 7890317
Thanks Jeff. All working OK now. I should have followed this up weeks ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can I please be added to the Beta if that is fixing this issue? I have a Samsung TV, Model UN65JS8500FXZA. I have the playbar connected using the optical cord to the Samsung Mini-Hub. Diagnostic Info: 7879175 & 7890317

Hi AlphaTV,

You should be all set. Please update your system and test it out.
Badge
Hi MrVague-uk, SonosPlay135, ianwilli, and Paniek,

You should all have updates available now. Please update your systems, test things out, and let me know how it goes.

System updated with 7.4.1
Thank you for the quick reply/update.
Audio tested. Seems to be working pretty solid thus far. Thanks again!

- SonosPlay135
Seems to have fixed it, thank you!
Could I get that update too? Thanks.

Diagnostic# 7891661
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Could I get that update too? Thanks.

Diagnostic# 7891661

Hi GCIslander,

Please check for updates on your system. There will be one available which should help.
Jeff,
Thanks for your quick reply

Will give you feedback soon.