Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Userlevel 3
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 October 2017, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

LG B6 Sonos Playbar connected via optical to tv. Play 1s and Playsub. Diagnostic - 7874059
Samsung series 8, playbar connected to tv with optical cable and connected to router with cat5 also in play sub. Diagnotic 7874225
Please add me too, sound gone from Sony TV. PS3 and BT Vision still OK...
Diagnostic number: 7874299
Thanks for the help. You guys rock!
Didn’t experience any large dropouts anymore. Minor ones, the ones I‘ve had since day 1, are almost gone, too. Heard two in the last five days. That’s a lot less than usual.
Thanks again for the beta firmware. Good job!
I've the same problem no sound on HD channels after update today on Samsung TV play bar sub and 2x play 3s please help me get my sound back diagnostic number 7874471
My also face the same problem after update the system #7874686
I have exactly the same problem. Have been waiting for Sonos to roll out a fix but getting a little tired of that so would like to try the beta. Diagnostic #7874798.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
mrdrprofessor, DanaJohnFlows, ashkaan14, e_ranon, Kodiak5545, ray1016, thebeck9, MickT, rpwise, chrispana, DD2017, brianodonnell2005, ocliang, and Dyn Tawel you've all been flagged for the beta, please update when ready.

justinjames - Here are the instructions for submitting a diagnostic.
Andy B thx updated and work fine now
Experiencing the same issue.... Here's my diagnostic 7874820
Having the same problem, no sound and a clicking from the surrounds. Playbar, sub, play1 surrounds. It happens with Netflix, but not YouTube. Diagnostic 7874871
Beta update worked for me too, thanks.
No Sound from Samsung TV (Netflix and other spås) 7875190
Same issue with no audio/clicking from certain channels and iplayer since the last update. Please can you flag me for the latest beta update.

Diagnostic:7875203
Thanks AndyB. Its working now
Thank you working again ?
Same issue

Tv: Samsung UN60JS7000FXZA
Playbar wired to tv
Diagnostic #7975235
Many thanks. Seems to have fixed the problem.
Having the same issue, diagnostic 7875418
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Sjdraper, wascostreet, roaldb86, Silvi, pbolbach, and miketex I've applied the beta flag to your systems. Please update when you're ready.
I’m having the same issue. My diagnostic conf number is 7875469
Thank you!! Sjdraper, wascostreet, roaldb86, Silvi, pbolbach, and miketex I've applied the beta flag to your systems. Please update when you're ready.
Same issue

LG oled tv and Playbar, sub an one's.

Thank you, problems solved after applying the update
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
MikeyK72 and Gurra_g you're all set. Run the update when ready.