Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Userlevel 3
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 October 2017, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Same issue no sound except high pitch blip sound from surrounds when using Netflix. Sony KD-75X855D Play bar wired to tv, wirelessly connected to network with wireless sub and play 3's.
Diagnostic report no. 7859058
You're all set now to update Mindgaze.

Ryan, anything flagged for my account?
Diagnostic confirmation: 7848013
Samsung KS8500
Sonos wired ethernet
TV connected to playbar via toslink
Tizen apps (Netflix, Amazon, Cineplex, Youtube) no audio

Can I please get added to beta

Hi Sonos,
The update is still not showing up in my Online Updates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Good morning everyone. I just went through and flagged everyone up to this point for the beta. Go ahead and check for updates.

You're running into a different issue entirely. I've passed the details over to the team for you, you should have something from them soon, if not yet.

[quote=rajpin9][quote=Ryan S]Gomez101 and Alexander B, you're both flagged now to update.

Hi I dont have a Playbar in my setup, also i used to be on the Beta Program and stopped receiving Beta updates after 7.2, why is this?
I can't speak specifically as I'm not on the beta team, but there's a large pool of testers and not all are included on every beta. They look for specific things, like frequency of comments and responsiveness toward updates and surveys. Also, some beta programs are specific to something, so they look to recruit people who use a certain service or are in a location. Since you've been in the beta program, you'll likely be added to another beta in the future, but that's the best I can say on that.

The current beta here that we're working with is just a targeted fix for an issue with the PLAYBAR processing the audio for Dolby Digital on some systems. If you don't have a PLAYBAR, there's nothing to download or test.
I'm having the same issue with my Playbar on a Samsung 4K UN55JS8500. One of my Play1 surrounds went out, had to reset. Hear crackle sound when waiting for sound to come on. Also an issue with streaming servive on Apple TV, sound takes over a minute to come on.

Diagnostic # 7859547
Same problem here, please flag my system for the bugfix: 7859868

Thank you!
Same issue here, diagnostic # 7859963

Cheers
Hi. The update is still not showing up in my Online Updates.
Hi - same issue here - Unsupported TV Audio when using Netflix app on Panasonic TV via optical out to Sonos Playbar

Diagnostic sent: 7860036

Please let me know when i can update to the beta
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
TJHill, Ju1s, ozkie, cakefrenzy, and deluxe99, you should be all set now.
7860703, Playbar through optical. Sony, 7860703 some of the channels on and off
TJHill, Ju1s, ozkie, cakefrenzy, and deluxe99, you should be all set now.

Thank you - problem solved
I also have this issue and described it fully on another thread about this issue. I have submitted diagnostics, the number is 7861121. Will someone from sonos pick this up for me?
Badge
Thanks, Ryan... looks like everything is running smoothly now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Erilich and tcao1998, you're both flagged for the beta now. Go ahead and check for updates.
Hello...same issue here - Unsupported TV Audio when using Netflix app on Roku ultra via optical out to Sonos Playbar
Can my playbar be flaggged for the beta update too please? Diagnostic # 7861761
The sound on my playbar and play 1s doesn't kick in when I watch Netflix through my TV. I just submitted diagnostics: 7861839.
Good morning everyone. I just went through and flagged everyone up to this point for the beta. Go ahead and check for updates.

You're running into a different issue entirely. I've passed the details over to the team for you, you should have something from them soon, if not yet.

Problem solved. Thank you!
Please add me to the beta. This is very painful.

Diagnostic number: 7861883
My playbar stopped playing audio from TV after 7.4 update, occasionally i get the sound with delay but mostly no sound. Please resolve this issue. I submitted diagnostics, Diagnostic # 7861887. Please add me to the beta list

Thank you!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Same issue here although a hard power reset on the Playbar has restored audio thus far....also, it seems to be Dolby Digital related. When I change my TiVo Roamio to output PCM I don't have an issue....except that the surround is simulated, but that's by design. TV is LG OLED65C7P, surrounds are Play 1s, TiVo is HDMI to TV which is optical to Playbar. Diagnostic #7861924. It was uploaded/shared after the Playbar power was reset which has seemingly corrected the audio problems. The issues were 1. Audio volume levels across channels was significantly different, and 2. Center channel audio seemed significantly lower and jumbled if it was present at all, and 3. It took 15+ seconds to hear any audio at all after a channel change.
same here 7861965
Hey Sonos, diagnostic 7862004. Updated to 7.4 last night and now I've lost sound. My setup is a Soundbar, sub, and two Play 1's. If I cycle power to the Soundbar things will work until I switch the TV input. Then sound is gone again.

If I change the TV audio output type from Bitstream and Dolby Digital to PCM, I get sound back, but going back to Bitstream and DD, I lose it again.

Please add me to the list of people who would like a fix, if that's 7.4.1 then great, send it to me.
I just found this topic been having same issues last 2 weeks or more slowly getting worse, very annoying
Issue with Netflix fixed, although there is now a sligh static sound coming from the speakers when nothing is playing through them?