Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Userlevel 3
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 October 2017, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Ryan, can I just check to see if any of your help lines are open after 17:00? 17:00 could be a problem time I get in from work. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Ryan, can I just check to see if any of your help lines are open after 17:00? 17:00 could be a problem time I get in from work. Thanks
Depends on where you're located, we might be able to work something out. Can you send me a private message with your phone number and when a good time would be? Also, what time zone you're in just to make sure we get that right. I'll see what might be available.
Good morning everyone. As of now, everyone in the thread should be flagged for the beta update. You should have one waiting for you when you check for updates in the Sonos app. Our apologies for the delay and the trouble. Let us know if anything else comes up.Not a drop out since installing the Beta. I had been putting up with it for a couple years. Thanks!
Just got the playbar and no sound from TV. Diagnostic number 7833132
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Just got the playbar and no sound from TV. Diagnostic number 7833132
Sorry for the trouble, you're flagged for the beta fix. Go ahead and check for updates, you should be all set. Hope you enjoy your new PLAYBAR! 🙂
Same issue here. No sound on certain channels after 7.4 update. Diagnostic 7833410
Same ticking sound with no tv sound. Would like to be added to the beta please. #7833488
Same issue. No sound during video streaming apps. Works with cable tv and music via the sonos app. Diagnostic 7833516
Diagnostic code 7828977 Delayed sound on playbar with build in streaming apps on Samsung TV.
Please add me to the beta. I have had this problem forever, but it is particularly bad since the last update.

Diagnostic: 7833571
The team has been working tirelessly on this as we wanted to get you all a resolution as soon as possible. There is now an update available for testing to fix this issue.

If you haven't already been added to this beta (version 7.4.1) and you'd like to test it out, we'd love your feedback. Please submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and post your confirmation number here so we can confirm you're experiencing the issue. We'll use that to apply the update too. We'll be adding this fix to a future release, but we'd like to offer everyone affected the chance to join this beta.

Update September 1st: Adding this to the main answer for visibility, I posted it as a comment below too.
Thanks everyone for your patience and helping out test this fix for us. So far, it’s going extremely well, which is a great sign.

The team is making sure there isn’t going to be any other adverse issues before wrapping this up into a full release and sending it to everyone. For now, we’re still going to be individually flagging systems. They’ll be evaluating everything next week to determine if this update is ready for prime time, we don’t yet have an official date on when it’s going to get set live.

This weekend we’re going to be a little short handed with the holiday in the US, so it may take a little while after posting here before you get added to the beta test list for the update. Feel free to post your diagnostics below and we’ll make sure to address each one as soon as we can. Our apologies for the delay and the silence in the meantime.
Diagnostic 7833767
No sound or clicking on certain cable channels & Netflix channels.
I have lost my Netflix voice in the middle of a show. This is 2017 LG C7 tv builtin app. I can hear surround music and effects but no voice. Xbox Netflix is the same. I believe it is playbar behaving.

I am really upset guys. This is my diagnostic #7833836

Hope you fix this very soon. I already registered for your beta program but there was no update.
Badge
Hi,
Please add me to the list for v 7.4.1.
Diagnostic Number 7834082.
Fixed. Thanks!
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Justin H, mehen7, linocity, bbeata, jrothstein, trvlmuse, shadowyman, and Brother489 you've all been flagged for the beta. Please run the available update when ready.
Badge
Fixed! Thank you very much for the speedy resolution.
Diagnostic 7825815. Please include me in the beta! When we're watching netflix on our Samsung KS8000 smart tv, the sound often doesn't come on for 4-5 minutes. Once it starts working, we'll rewind to the beginning of the episode - sometimes the sound stays on and sometimes it'll shut off again! It's awful and has only been happening since the last update.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Diagnostic 7825815. Please include me in the beta! When we're watching netflix on our Samsung KS8000 smart tv, the sound often doesn't come on for 4-5 minutes. Once it starts working, we'll rewind to the beginning of the episode - sometimes the sound stays on and sometimes it'll shut off again! It's awful and has only been happening since the last update.

You've been added to the beta, update when ready.
How do I upgrade to beta nothing shows in updates?? Thanks seb
Diagnostics ID: 7836499 Please add me to the beta, too. Clicking noise in certain Netflix streams on Samsung Smart TV app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
How do I upgrade to beta nothing shows in updates?? Thanks seb
In the Sonos app go to Settings and check for updates there. I just flagged your account again, so there should be an option available.
Diagnostics ID: 7836499 Please add me to the beta, too. Clicking noise in certain Netflix streams on Samsung Smart TV app.
You're good to go. Update is not flagged for your system.
Hi. For about 3 weeks I haven't been able to get sound from my Youtube app through Sonos. I've just had the Geek Squad over for an hour. They said it was the TV, but then they finally admitted it's probably a Sonos issue. When will this be fixed? Also, there are delays in sound playing back video and when turning on tv.
When is the update being pushed, nearly 3 weeks now...
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I've gone ahead and flagged both of you for the beta fix, sweetenilorac and danielkrice. The team's working on getting the full release pushed out to everyone, but they're doing some final tests on it to make sure. I don't have an official release date for that release, but believe me, we're pushing for it to be as soon as possible.