Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Userlevel 3
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 October 2017, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

My diagnostic number is 7820961, please add me to the beta
I'm having all the same problems described in this thread since the 7.4 update. Please add me to the 7.4.1 beta to fix this:

Diagnostic: 7821430
Samsung TV connected to Playbar via optical.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
myvisual, ericanderson45, lomc, JAZ19, mjax, Balteezy, daftdom, twuk, Chess, Andy@drewland.co.uk, Herovee, jonas.wollin, Gobucks85, Jim H, Jim Finnigan, jkitt, and dtompkins you've all been flagged for the beta. Please run the system update when you have a moment.

Skydive Hal I saw your post in another thread, and you're good to go as well.

Blingman you're not having the same issue as others in this thread. I recommend starting a new topic so troubleshooting can be a little easier.

Benjbenj you're running a beta build, please reach out to the beta community for further assistance.

OMA I replied to your outreach in another thread. Based on the diagnostic you're having a different issue.
Same here; no sound on Amazon video. Diagnostics: 7821623
Same issue here. I submitted diagnostics 7821618. Please add me to the beta.
Same issue here. I submitted diagnostics 7821655. Please add me to the beta.
Just applied the 7.4.1 update to my Playbar. Problem solved. Thanks!
I am having the same issue after updating. Certain channels will not play sound. The turn the volume all the way up then down trick works, but if you have to change the channel you have to do all over again. Below is my diagnosis info:

Your confirmation number is: 7820693.

I got the update and it seems to work! Thanks for the quick response!
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Paris78, shaun99, and kristiansen90 you three have been flagged for the beta. Please run the update when ready.
Delay of several seconds before sound comes on from tv using playbar diagnostics 7821907, thanks
Same problem. Diagnostics no. 7821990. Please add me to update.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
stefanmcnee and Reppo welcome to the community. Both of your systems have been flagged for the beta. Please update when you have a moment.
Same here - Netflix/YouTube done play any sound. Please add me to the beta. Diagnostic: 7822079
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Same here - Netflix/YouTube done play any sound. Please add me to the beta. Diagnostic: 7822079

You've been added to the beta DennisMia. Please update your system when you're able to do so.
I'm also having issues with Netflix and other apps. Please add me to the beta

Diagnostic number is 7822198
Can you add me to the beta? Having same problem 7822204.
Please add me to the beta asap, my diagnostic number is 7822245
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
neeledup, kshah85, and AndyHutch you three have been flagged for the beta. Go ahead and run the update when ready.
Looks to have worked thanks for quick response
Userlevel 1
Same problem. Can you add me. Diagnostic 7822497
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Same problem. Can you add me. Diagnostic 7822497

You're all set danfoord. Go ahead and update to the beta build when ready.
Userlevel 1
Have run the update. Will let you know if I still have issues @andy b. Thanks for the prompt reply.
Hi. I have the problem when pausing Netflix. Diagnostics confirm #7822523
Thanks!
Im having the issue that my Play 1 Surround speakers are connected but have no sound. Just sound from my Playbase and Sub woofer.
Diagnostics 7822627 submitted. Please advise a fix or solution
I'm also having issues with Tv / Netflix and other apps. Please add me to the beta

Diagnostic number is 7822143