Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Userlevel 3
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 October 2017, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

I've got to be honest, such a lot of money to waste on SONOS, to constantly have faults. From a hissing sound when Netflix app is paused and now no sound at all just a clicking sound from the ONE speaker, 5.1, Garbage imho
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I had the clicking from my 2 rear Play 1's the other day when running the Plex app from an LG TV, no sound at all just clicking, switched to Kodi and the sound was fine, very weird.

I also get dropouts quite a lot but assumed it was my Virgin Tivo box/4HD

Can you please flag the beta for my account? Will send diagnostics

Diagnostic 7811086
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
buflo_fan, billythepuppet, and phil1812, you should be all set now. I just added you to the beta for this.
Diagnostic number 7811246
Problem with sounds from 7.4 update, wanted to be listed for the 7.4.1 patch to fix problem please.
buflo_fan, billythepuppet, and phil1812, you should be all set now. I just added you to the beta for this. -

Ryan - thank you and Sonos for being so responsive to this issue. The patch fixed it. Problems inevitably happen, what is important is how people and companies deal with / fix them.

Sonos is dealing with it heads-on and promptly. I really appreciate this level of customer service, I am back to being a happy Sonos customer.
7811307 full 5.1 home theater setup playbar via optical to Sony x900e. If warranted, i am requesting update patch to fix. Just bought tv need to figure out asap for return period.
Badge
Have followed suggestions and diagnostic is #7811380. Please consider me for fix, patch, or other solutions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
OK, joker71808 and Playbar sucks fix it, you're both ready to go. Also Playbar sucks fix it, if you decide you want to change your username let me know, I can help with that if you're interested.
That fixed it! I have been pulling my hair out over the weekend trying to set up the new tv hahahah IM NOT CRAZY lol thanks Ryan!
In reply to sound loss with 7.4:

TV model: Sony XBR-65X850D
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network: wireless
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box: optical wire to tv
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix: multiple issues

Diagnostic number: 7803826

Please send 7.4.1 beta update.

Thanks!
Badge
Diagnostic. 7811380.
Please send 7.4.1 beta update. Or other patch or solution.
Diagnostic number 7811548
Problem with sound from 7.4 update. Please add me for the 7.4.1 patch to fix problem. I requested earlier but have yet to hear anything. Thank you!
7811307 full 5.1 home theater setup playbar via optical to Sony x900e. If warranted, i am requesting update patch to fix. Just bought tv need to figure out asap for return period.
Do Ryan a solid and change your username . . . just a suggestion
Please add my system for access to this patch. Diag: 7811574
I need the patch as well Diag: 7811638
I have the same problem. My surrounds click when we try use Netflix or Amazon Prime. My details are below.

TV: LG 55EF9500
Sonos: Playbar, Sub, Play1 surrounds
Playbar Network Connection: Ethernet, not wireless
Playbar connected to TV.
Diagnostic Number: 7811643

Thanks for releasing a beta version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Everyone up to this point should be all set for the update.
Badge
I'm still getting the clicking and no sound Ryan. Is there need for a reboot or some other step? Thanks.
Same issue, sound works fine on DIRECTV but not for apps like Netflix and HBO. Was working fine a week ago. Diagnostic 7811662

Could you please send me the patch to fix? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I'm still getting the clicking and no sound Ryan. Is there need for a reboot or some other step? Thanks.
Just make sure you're up to date. You should have one available.
Badge
Got it now Ryan thanks. That fixed it!
Thanks for the update Ryan. That fixed the problem.
I did the beta update. When I first turned it on, everything was working great, the intermittent sound drop outs were gone. However, when I turned the TV back on later, the intermittent drop outs were back. I have a Samsung 8000 series TV connected directly to the playbar via optical. Any more thoughts?
Same issues as the others. Intermittent dropout with Samsung TV and optical audio. Diagnostics report 7811805.
I am having same issue diagnostic case 7811872, please kids are driving me crazy about fixing it