Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Userlevel 3
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 October 2017, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

I'm also suffering sound issues when selecting certain HD channels and streaming. It starts as a clicking sound then after up to 30 secs the sound appears.

Diognostic report number 7803241. Sound is provided via the optical input from a Samsung TV.
Same problem... 7803240
If you are using the optical out to your play bar from the TV, go to your TV setting and change from digital to PCM. Fixed the problem for me and better sound.
Badge
I'm also having some problems with getting my soundbar to work with some app on Roku. I'd like to give 7.4.1 a try. Diagnostic code: 7803209
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
When my new Playbar turns up this week I presume it will ask to update, what should I do?. Can you refuse the 7.4 update?.
Extremely unhappy!
Youtube and certain netflix videos are not producing any audio!!
Diagnostic number: 7803343
Same issue as everyone else!

Please make beta available to me: 7803362
I would like to have access to the beta to see if this resolves my audio dropout issues. My diagnostic confirmation number is 7803047.

How will I go about receiving the access to the beta? Will I receive an email or will the system push the update to my devices?
When my new Playbar turns up this week I presume it will ask to update, what should I do?. Can you refuse the 7.4 update?.
You should be able to ignore it.
submitted diagnostics. confirmation 7803518 I have no sound on half my channels
Same issue, no Dolby digital sound on channels with Direct TV after the 7.4 update. TV: Samsung UN60JU6500F. Playbar, Sub and 2 Play 1s. Play is connected to TV through the optical cable and the sonos system is connected wirelessly to the router. All the channels work if I change the TV settings to PCM from Dolby Digital. Please add me to the beta test. Diagnostic number 7803517.
Confirmation 7803586. Please add me.
Hey, can ya'll add me to the beta update? Having the same issue. I basically switch over to tv speakers until the "clicking" stops and the sonos speakers come back on. Diagnostic #7803642.
Badge
Add me to the list - TV audio issues since 7.4 upgrade.

Prior to 7.4 on Freeview HD my Sonos 5+1 system would decode Dolby 2.0 and Dolby 5.1 (as observed on 'About My Sonos System' Playbar settings).

Since update no audio (except clicking) on all channels shown as 'HE-AAC' on the TV. Those channels shown as 'MPEG SD' will play audio. Setting the TV to PCM output will output audio on all channels, but the Playbar shows 'Audio In:Stereo'.

I can get the Playbar to sync to the Dolby by either (1) switching the TV Audio Out setting between 'Auto' and 'PCM' and it will eventually work; or (2) turn the volume right up.

System: LG LM 670T TV, Playbar, Sub, 2x'1'. Bridge wired to router via Ethernet switch. SonosNet ('WM:0). Diagnostics 7803620.

Looking forward to an update to fix this.
Sonos,

I submitted Diagnostic with TV as the source. Hopefully this confirmation number will work 7801541. Please add me to the beta program. My TV is Samsung UN65KS9000 and I have 5.1 setup with playbar, sub and two play 1's.

Thanks,

Ben

How long will it take to get response to move to 7.4.1 on beta? I have posted a couple of different times with my diagnostic confirmation number. I have joined beta but still don't have an update. Can you please roll this out to my system? This is getting a bit frustrating.
Same problems. confirmation number: 7803683. Please add me to the beta
Same situation. Comes on with changing night settings. Build 37241660
Please add me to the list, since updating the firmware, my playbar has been lagging on tv sound as well as dropping off. I'm running play at with sub on Samsung ks8000 with Verizon fios and Netflix. Diagnostics number 7803746.
Same problem here after recent software update. Diagnostics number is 7803781. I have Samsung TV. Problem with Apple TV as well as verizon fios box
Same problem as everyone else. Diagnostic # 7803783. Thanks
Here's my diagnostic confirmation: 7803890 - having trouble with sound on certain channels.
Experiencing same issue. Diagnostic submitted. 7803955
Having the same issue also: Diagnostic # 7803973
Hi, Everyone.

We are actively looking into this, and we appreciate your help.
If your Sonos PLAYBAR is experiencing audio drops and (or) no sound when watching TV please provide us with the following information.

• Whats the make/model of your TV?
  • Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network?
  • Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box?
  • Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix?

Also, if you haven't already. Add a diagnostic number in your reply.
Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic

Once we have more information we'll keep you posted.

Thanks.