Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Userlevel 3
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 October 2017, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

I didn't realize I had to post here. This is been an issue since the update and want a fix.

Diagnostic 7795974
Badge
Recieved 7.4.1 and now everything works. Thank you!
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Diagnostic 7795898
Sony XBR49x900e
MY PLAY:5 is wired to my router. My PLAYBAR & 5.1 system with SUB & Play:1 is not wired.
My PLAYBAR is wired via optical to my TV
I'm not getting any sound from my cable box. PS4 outputs stereo, TV apps output 5.1.

Please send me the beta if it will help.
Thanks.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
MrStrathmore, EAS, Keiron Maynard, Hover, Gregsteryeah, brittar, Chrim, and TreePondersLeaf The flag for each of your systems has been applied. Please run the update when you have a chance.

hawkeye7009 and Bren your diagnostics did not show the error that indicates you're having the same troubles as the other users on this thread. Can you both playback audio with the TV as the source, and then submit a new diagnostic right after the drops occur?

E_T_B I'm glad to hear you were able to get the update after a reboot. I hope you have a great weekend as well.
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
My diagnostic 7796002
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
My diagnostic 7796002

dfcpacheco Your system has been flagged, please update when ready.
Same problem. Please get me the beta update also diagnose 7796075.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Same problem. Please get me the beta update also diagnose 7796075.

remcop413 All set. You can also run the update when ready.
Diagnostic code 7795479

Just found the update available in the app. Applied the update and sound now working on Netflix. Looks like it solved the problem. I'll update again if there are other problems.

My thanks for the solution.
Same issues as well confirmation #7796078
MrStrathmore, EAS, Keiron Maynard, Hover, Gregsteryeah, brittar, Chrim, and TreePondersLeaf The flag for each of your systems has been applied. Please run the update when you have a chance.

hawkeye7009 and Bren your diagnostics did not show the error that indicates you're having the same troubles as the other users on this thread. Can you both playback audio with the TV as the source, and then submit a new diagnostic right after the drops occur?

E_T_B I'm glad to hear you were able to get the update after a reboot. I hope you have a great weekend as well.

New diagnostics report sent just after app failed to play with clicking noise diagnostic report number 7796121

Bren
Wow, thanks for such a quick response. All working again now since the update.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Diagnostic 7795898
Sony XBR49x900e
MY PLAY:5 is wired to my router. My PLAYBAR & 5.1 system with SUB & Play:1 is not wired.
My PLAYBAR is wired via optical to my TV
I'm not getting any sound from my cable box. PS4 outputs stereo, TV apps output 5.1.

Thanks.
Hi, I'm getting similar issues. There is a long delay and no sound from my Playbar 5.1 setup when connected to a Sky HD box. Occurs when ever I pause/resume shows or change channels. I also get a clicking sound from the rear left Play1 surround speaker during the delayed/no audio from the playbar. I've submitted diagnostics under ID 7796371. Started right after I updated to 7.4
Userlevel 2
Badge
I have this issue. Audio missing and popping since update today: Diagnostic: 7796391
Badge
Diagnostics log 7796436 having the same problem if you can help with the beta fix for my system too.

Just posted my own post on here too sorry missed this thread.

Thanks

Simon
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
hclax24, Bren, cendme1, Si Reading, Neil_10, and Drboom11 (sorry I missed your initial post), you've all been flagged for the beta, please update your system when you have a moment.
Badge
Thanks for the quick reply updating now...
hclax24, Bren, cendme1, Si Reading, Neil_10, and Drboom11 (sorry I missed your initial post), you've all been flagged for the beta, please update your system when you have a moment. Thanks Andy B, updated and all fixed! 🆒
I have 50 IP addressable devices in my house, and am recovering from breaking my leg in six places - so "hey reboot everything" is an arrogant response.

The response from Sonos to this issue has been appalling no apology and no confirmed date for rectifying the software failure. I am going to contact John Archer and post on the AV forums to get some AV media interest in this issue.

Yawn.

This happens to a few users every update because their router has crashed or rebooted and thus lost track of assigned IP adresses, resulting in duplicates. It is easily rectified by a network refresh, and ultimately curable by reseriving IP adresses in the router setup. Nothing Sonos can do about either, so unless you think "A Few Sonos Customers Have Wonky Networks!" is a click driving headline, I'd hold off on the silly name-dropping and threats.

Moderator Note: Removed profanity
hclax24, Bren, cendme1, Si Reading, Neil_10, and Drboom11 (sorry I missed your initial post), you've all been flagged for the beta, please update your system when you have a moment. Thanks Andy B great service, system is back up and running with all the old apps. 🆒
Badge
Add me to this one please
Diag: 7796767
Thank you
Diagnostic 7795563
Samsung UN65MU9000FXZA
MY PLAYBAR is wired to my router. My SUBS and PLAY:1 surrounds are not wired.
My PLAYBAR is wired via optical to my TV,
I'm getting certain channels from DIRECTV with no problems, but some are having issues when the Dolby setting in DIRECTV is switched to ON.

Thanks,

James S.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Add me to this one please
Diag: 7796767
Thank you

Hi JDS and jdstephe, welcome to the community. You both have been added to the beta. Update when ready.