Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Userlevel 3
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 October 2017, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Badge
@ Sinjin - do you mean de power everything and try? Sonos doesn't really have an on off function. Has someone tried a full power down of their system / reconfiguration? Yes, I tried a full system reset. It started working again until I true tuned the speakers. Then it stopped working again. The temp fix I have found is above in a comment. It has something to do with voice enhancement setting. Once I turned that off the sound came back on and seems to be working for now.
Badge
Diagnostic 7774165. AppleTV 4 hooked to Sony KDL-70R520 TV via HDMI, then optical from TV to Playbar. Wireless via Sonos Bridge. I also get the clicking sound from my surrounds. When I first started playing the movie today, everything was fine, and Playbar reported 5.1 in. Then I paused the movie for about five seconds and resumed it again. The sound was absent except for the surrounds clicking. The Playbar first reported stereo in, then silence in. Then the audio resumed after about 30 seconds. I paused and resumed again, and the audio was again absent. At this point I submitted the diagnostics. It's been five minutes, and still no audio. I have had the same problem, only fix I have found that works is to factory reset the whole system and then not true tune as once it is true tuned it then does not play sound. Or to turn the speech enhancement feature off and on and that seems to be a temp fix at this time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
@Ryan - is it necessary for Beta testers to also (re)submit diagnostics even if we have done it previously in beta ?

Still shocked this could be allowed to happen - release a serious known flaw onto a production release.
Badge
Hi everyone, I just wanted to update you all again. The team's already identified the issue and is working on a solution right now. We're going through and setting up tickets for everyone in the thread at the moment (not done with everyone yet). When the fix is ready to go we'll be emailing everyone with an incident, so you'll see that as soon as there's word, it won't be long.

In the mean time, we appreciate your patience while we get this tested and sorted out.
diagnostic confirmation number 7775437
I don't think I need to produce anything else seen as so many people have already stated the problem. My set up is irrelevant. Fix the issue ASAP please.
Badge
Tom Warren from The Verge here. I've been testing a Sonos update that fixes this. Successfully tested this morning, and Sonos tells me "We will be releasing this build today to every Sonos customer that has been impacted with the Dolby issue."
Tom Warren from The Verge here. I've been testing a Sonos update that fixes this. Successfully tested this morning, and Sonos tells me "We will be releasing this build today to every Sonos customer that has been impacted with the Dolby issue."

Great news Tom, thanks for posting - voice of the people as always! Lets hope its true and is released today - as you can see, this has frustrated plenty of people around the world. Will keep my eyes peeled on here throughout the day for an official update.
Same problem here. Samsung KS8000 TV with Playebar, 2 Play 1 and sub. TV lost sound after update, all I hear is some clicking coming out of the audio system. I've submitted diagnostic # 7775893
Had the problems since the update and sound issues seem to be getting worse when playing sky recordings etc.. diagnostic number 7775889
diag number : 7773717 & 7773808. Also noted disappearing Play 1's from the setup, just not listed in the household anymore., had to reset them and re-add them. Wonder if related?
Badge
Same issue here with Samsung KS8000 TV with Playebar, 2 Play 1 and sub. TV lost sound after update, Can get it to work if TV set to PCM. Sent diagnostics number 7776046. Please fix this soon.

Thank you

Jeff
Badge

Great news Tom, thanks for posting - voice of the people as always! Lets hope its true and is released today - as you can see, this has frustrated plenty of people around the world. Will keep my eyes peeled on here throughout the day for an official update.

No worries. As soon as I spotted the problem on my own system I pinged them, and they've been v.responsive at working this out. My system is now on Version: 7.4.1 (build 37244261) and Dolby content outputs correctly through TV apps and any connected HDMI sources just like before.

No worries. As soon as I spotted the problem on my own system I pinged them, and they've been v.responsive at working this out. My system is now on Version: 7.4.1 (build 37244261) and Dolby content outputs correctly through TV apps and any connected HDMI sources just like before.

Fantastic news! Much more than we've received so far. Standing by for the update....
Same problem as everyone else, but mainly switching through Sky Q Channels. Diagnostic number: 7776428
An update 7.4 (build 37244160) is available now ... Not the same build no as Tom Warren mentioned.

EDIT: PLAYBAR is now on 7.4.1 (build 37244261) by this update. Same version as Tom Warren mentioned. Looks like only the PLAYBAR is updated to 7.4.1.
I just checked the Sonos app and found it now has an update for 7.4.1 (build 37244261) on it so I updated and the problem is now resolved for me. Thank you Sonos team.
Badge
Strange my app is not showing any update yet ?
Same problem here, send my diagnostic number last week. No upadte available within the app so far
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Just got an email with a targeted update. Updated already and will check if the problem is solved later on today. I hope that's it.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Just had the email but no update in the app?
Just had the email but no update in the app?

I just tried this through the iOS app (Settings/Online Updates) and the update appeared.

It has now updated my Playbar to 7.4.1 (build 37244261) whilst other speakers remain unchanged.

So far so good, I am now getting Dolby 2.0 and 5.1 on various different sources and no clicking.

On first impressions, the issues I was having appear to have been resolved. 😉
Just updated to 7.4.1. So far so good, will continue to monitor however.
Badge
How is everyone updating ? My IOS app on my iPhone and iPad under online update show that my sonos system is up to date ?
Userlevel 1
Updated Playbar to 7.4.1. Dolby 2.0 and 5.1 recognised. So far so good.
Userlevel 2
Badge
How is everyone updating ? My IOS app on my iPhone and iPad under online update show that my sonos system is up to date ?

Your first post was 3 hours ago, you probably don't have a ticket open yet and so you weren't added to initial list of folks that could update to this since they appear to be using some kind of beta function to do it. Per the email some of us received:

"We now have a targeted fix for this issue and would love your feedback. Please check your Sonos app for online updates.
We wanted you to get this fix as soon as possible, which is why you’re receiving this update through our Beta team. Once we confirm that the experience is what we expect, we’ll send it out to everyone."
Diagnostic: 7776858
Samsung SUHD MU7000
Playbar connected to TV via LAN. Playbar connected to router via Boost, which is connected by LAN.

Same problem: Only works when "Night mode" is switched off, and even then for certain channels. I can watch some series on Netflix but not with others.

Took place after upgrade of app.